2007 GMC Yukon: Starting at $34,690

Derek77

2007 GMC Yukon: Professional Grade at Competitive Price

DETROIT – GMC today announced that the all-new Yukon will be offered with an MSRP of $34,690, $3,290 less than the recently repriced model it replaces. The Yukon features an entirely new interior and exterior design and the Yukon lineup features an all-new chassis and continuing standard Stabilitrak with new rollover mitigation technology.

The aggressive MSRP is in line with the recent repricing announcement for the GMC brand. The 2007 Yukon will be available in February 2006, followed by the launch of Yukon XL and Denali models later this year.

“We are excited to introduce the new Yukon lineup, and with the all-new design, improved content and attractive price, it’s a real value for consumers,” said John Larson, Pontiac-GMC General Manager.

New optional features include roof-mounted head curtain side air bags for all seating rows, a power liftgate, 20” wheels and tires, rear camera system, heated windshield wiper fluid, as well as a segment-exclusive power fold-and-tumble second row seat.

The Yukon will continue its segment-leading fuel economy position, achieving an estimated 16/22 mpg city/highway for 2WD and 15/21 mpg city/highway for 4WD. Other fuel management technologies include standard Active Fuel Management and E85 FlexFuel capability on most models.

The 2007 Yukon line includes Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali and Yukon XL Denali. Pricing for the other Yukon models will be available later this year.

I guess that's not bad...but its still higher than a Dodge Durango comparably (though it probably has a little more equipment).

I guess that's not bad...but its still higher than a Dodge Durango comparably (though it probably has a little more equipment).

A point I continue to make, especially since it's the closest competitor to the Tahoe/Yukon in size. Well, except for the fact that it actually has a human-accepting 3rd row and a little more cargo room too... B)

Just over $34k isn't outrageous, but you have to remember that's for a base with nothing extra--not the typical ones people buy. Add on a few typical options, and you're back at the high 40's, low 50's that made the current gen ones need such large cash pots on the hood.

Just over $34k isn't outrageous, but you have to remember that's for a base with nothing extra--not the typical ones people buy.  Add on a few typical options, and you're back at the high 40's, low 50's that made the current gen ones need such large cash pots on the hood.

You can get a nicely optioned one for under $45k. My dealer has a 2007 Tahoe 3LT with basically everything including NAV and the review camera for $48k. Take off those two options that many people won't opt for, and you are no longer in the upper 40s. The 900s offer a lot more money for a $$ than the 800s did. The upper-level models may seem expensive, but they have quite a few more features than the old ones.

I agree, and don't mean to keep harping on it, but most buyers actually do want/need the 3rd row and want the real truck platform/style. There's no excuse for it still not to even come close to the Expedition/Armada, etc., in terms of rear packaging. You can have BOTH, and trucks like those show that.

We are a current GMT-800 owner, so that does say something...

I love a lot about the new trucks, but a 6-speed and better 3rd row from day one would have really put me over the "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW" fence. Personal preference only, but we have to switch between seat and extra space so much, I'd probably go for an Expedition if shopping today just because of that, even with the cheaper interior and less settled ride than a new GM truck.

Okay, I swear, I'll never mention the 3rd rows again. I promise! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by caddycruiser