bends, rolls and folds

Not a Lotus

You gave me a bit of a scare there Blu, I had to go check, it occured to me that I never even considered it could be fiberglass......but it is not......it aluminum actually......so Im still a bit off on my description.

any guess's on the year or at least the era are welcome too.

not an Elva, though I know the similiarity you are thinking off. I believe they were more rounded than edgy like this car.

There was a woman named Elva around here.. ;-) now that you mention it.

This is a limited run of cars, they were targeted toward the American market, not really stout enough for racing. Small engine, very small.

Very neat. Love it.

Similar proportions to 23B but I'm pretty sure it's not a Lotus though.

I'll throw out a year.... my guess is 1964. :)

LOve that fascia! :wub:

It's almost as if they combined a '66 Toronado wiht a '67 Camaro. :)

Abarth 207 A Boano - 1955 , all exported to USA, rumored 10 built, in three styles, 207A Sport, 208A a spyder with full windshield and no drivers headrest/aero tunnel, & 209A coupe

Posted Image

featured hard dash non plastics and hand hammered aluminum "console" :lol:

Posted Image

Fiat derived 1270cc 78hp :unsure:, hey it was '55

Posted Image

heres how it went in 1955 @ Sebring

DSQ - #80 - John Bentley/Jim McGee/Gino Valenzano* Fiat Abarth 207A Boano John Bentley 138 illegal refuelling Sports 1100.........bummer !

Incidently the '55 Sebring was won overall by a Briggs Cunningham entered (not driven) Jaguar D type (I6) in sports 5000 class

Phil Hill and Carrol Shelby took second over all, first in Sports 3000 class in a Ferrari Monza 750 (may have been a big I4)

Maserati 300 S (I6 6T8) took 3rd overall and 2nd in Sports 3000 class

[hows that for triv ?]

anyhow :rolleyes:

Although Abarth had begun as a tuning company in 1950 it took Carlo Abarth five years before he built and sold his fist production car, the 207-A. Based on the humble Fiat 1100 the 207-A featured a Spider body and Fiat 1100 mechanical parts.

another source says things to the effect - he founded his company in 49, a self taught engineer, he bought the reminents of Cisitialia. First cars bearing Abarth name were infact Cisitialias, therefore some of these carried the Cisitialia badge as well as the Abarth badge, some did not. Abarth was big on exhaust and thus the reason for the sweet dual side pipes seen on this car.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im confused here, there are two posts missing :unsure:

one where our very own Harley Earl guessed Abarth, heres to you Harley, :cheers:, Ill put you in my "Will"

another where Balthazar responded to the comments from 6t8 about the combination of a few of Mitchells edgy shark era automobiles.

Anyone that could come up with other models of this type of styling, ala these particular Abarths, Toro 66/67, Riv 66/67, 67 Eldorado, Porsche 914, Cien,(off the top of my head), I believe it lives on today in A&S but even more in the 06 Camaro prototype. Anyone producing others in this catagory will also be put in my "Will" especially if it predates these 1955 Abarth Boano's.

:D