Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Ford Sales up 2% in Jan

SWEET!!!!!!

LOL... Experts... Yeah right.

That title seems to be used very liberally in this industry now.

GO FORD!!!!! You made my day (Now maybe I won't be a heap of displaced anger)

I'm sure someone will try to throw water on the fire though... Look for a whole SLEW of negative Ford articles in the next few days. Some will probably headline with negative aspects of this months sales in fact.

The Milan/Fusion/Zephyr are HITS!!! (Until the bad press) I'd love to own one! 220,000!!! Above estimates!!!!

Shows what DETROIT can do in this segment if they GET SERIOUS!!!

Oh, and BTW, I'm extremely PLEASED with the HUGE amount of MERCURY advertising I've seen lately (Milan)

F-series up!!!

Car sales up 18%!!!

Land Rover, record set, up 34%!!!

I am IMPRESSED by how well the Fusion is doing...it's outselling the Five Hundred now on a month by month basis. I'm a little disappointed with the Milan since I thought it would be selling more per month, but 2000 isn't too bad. It's like we're starting to come out of the winter doldrums and spring is arriving...I hope this keeps up into February and March.

I think when the Edge and MKX come out, it will really help Ford out a lot. Hopefully it'll attract people that don't want an Explorer but want the spaciousness of an SUV. The Freestar was even up a little! Overall, SUV sales still are dropping, but new cars are doing very well!

I've heard that Ford has kept the D3 trio to a steady 10-12% fleet sales, which is why resale values for the Freestyle are at 50% (49% for the Five Hundred), compared to 30% for the Taurus. I believe the highest resale value is 67% for the Mini Cooper, so Ford is doing very nicely with the new models.

yeah, the ANALysts were way off this month.

FIRE THEM ALL! the japanese and german ANALysts do their jobs so much better.

when the 500 gets reskinned and gets the new motor and when the fusion gets the new motor, then you'll see sales surge even more.

Edited by regfootball