Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sixty8panther

Drunk Googling....

Recommended Posts

I know we've all been posting video links galore as of late but I could not resist posting this one.... I'm pretty sure a few people did not live through some of these crashes! :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/w/Extreme-car-crash...rch=car%20crash

Edited by Sixty8panther

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier my cousin showed me one where this person's Jeep collided with another vehicle on the highway, rolled over the median, the person literally flew out of the window, and they got run over by a truck all from a helicopter shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOS, that sounds horrible...

Anyways, since we're on the topic of crashes, I'll have to post some pics of pics of when my mom wrecked her 00 GASE as well as the newspaper clipping of when my cousin wrecked his 91 Firebird... 2 weeks after he got his license. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh-oh Gassy? Whatchu talking about? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier my cousin showed me one where this person's Jeep collided with another vehicle on the highway, rolled over the median, the person literally flew out of the window, and they got run over by a truck all from a helicopter shot.

Yep....saw that same one...here it is...

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0YFPX4A...C91WXLHPGCOMNOF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Your cousin's lucky that wasn't a t-top car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... He's also lucky he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Sounds wierd, but how the car flipped up onto its side and into the tree... they say being secured to the seat, it could have been fatal. He held onto the steering wheel during that. And no, I'm not saying its safer to not wear a seatbelt, but in that instance, it was. Don't worry... I wear mine. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always a 0.5% chance that a seatbelt will kil you... but the 99.5% chance it will save you life is much more likely.

My dad's friend knew a guy back in Germany who spun out an old 70s BMW and was thrown sideways into the dash and passanger footwell just before the car's roof was sliced off by an 18-wheeler. If he had his seatbelt on it might have killed him. Seatbelts have helped me out several times in my life, esp. in my Demolitio Derby Races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course... I learned the hard way that seat belts are good things. When I was young, I didn't wear my seatbelt (my parent's didn't either so they didn't car). Well, when my mom hit the Regal's 2nd deer, I found out that the dash... hurts when you hit it. :P Needless to say, I've wore a seatbelt almost everytime since. Except for when we had the Mexican exchange stupid in which always wearing a seatbelt was annoying when we three were crowded into the back of the Grand Am. That caused me to break the habit, but once I got my permit, I got the habit back. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to wet roads? How about due to high speeds?

Same exact thing applies if you replace WET wiht other adjectives...

Snowy

Icey

Slippery

But somehow even though Speed & lack of driving skill was involved in the accident more thannanythign else it all turns out ot be the fault of RWD or lack of traction contrl/ABS/snow tires etc.

Have I gotten into an accident in a RWD car? yes.

Was it the fault of the car? Absolutely NOT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of my family's cars are RWD and simply put, both are worth $h! in the snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I ventured out on Sunday morning to a local 24 hour diner for breakfast, just after it quit snowing. The road crews had done a fantastic job, but the roads were still snowpacked. My booth was in the front of the building, with a clear view of the intersection. During my time there, I saw an Escort overshoot the turn into the diner and almost tag the guardrail, and a new Acura TSX spin its front tires like crazy trying to get moving when the light turned green. Also, on the way in, the only car I saw in the ditch abandoned was a Honda Accord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have I gotten into an accident in a RWD car? yes.

Was it the fault of the car? Absolutely NOT!

This reminds me back in high school on the few occasions when I'd have to drive through some snow/ice/sluch mix. When I got to school, I heard a lot of kids complaining about how slippery the roads were and how they almost got in a wreck. Given that these were high school kids, most of them had vehicles that were FWD. Meanwhile, I had a longer commute than almost all of them, through a lot of curvy roads, while on my Mustang, and handled it with no problems whatsoever.

The Morals of the story?

1. NC drivers suck in winter weather.

2. RWD ain't all that bad if you know how to respect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of my family's cars are RWD and simply put, both are worth $h! in the snow.

Two words bro: SNOW TIRES.

As God is my witness there is an old Coot up in New Hampshire who owns a junkyard and some small town businesses. He's bought several Corvettes from Bill DeLuca Chevrolet but he dresses and looks like a average Blue-Collar Joe.

He drives his Corvette year round. In N.H. Yes you heard me right. I thought it was some sort of urban ledgend that this guy drives his Vette through Blizzards but I was convinced the first time I saw him pull up to the Parts Dept. in his 2000 Corvette ragtop in Millenuim Yellow (with white top) on a blustery day with about 3" of packed snow on the roads. Sure he was going a lot slower than the Silverados & Trailblazaers on the roads that day but he drove like 30 miles in those conditions and laughed when peolpe asked him why his Vette is not off the road for the winter.

"Why, so my fiberglass rear quarters do not rust?"

My f**king hero. I'll buy that guy a beer someday because he's a true Renaissance man!

If someone really doubts my word I'll give you the cell number of my friends John Schiavoni or Mike Darrizo and they'll tell you. Granted before the days of traction control this would be a bit of a stretch but he had his regular rims on (the chrome 5-spokes) so the tires must have been swapped out for all-seasons at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×