Proposed "Wolfe Racing Circuit" of Pennsylvania

One day, when the great automotive enthusiast in the sky allows me to win the lottery, this would make a great racing circuit for all of Pa's enthusiasts and its visitors to enjoy. Think of it as our version of the Nurburgring. Unofficially 21.5 miles long, its filled with a little bit of everything. The northern section is very technical and winds through a nice hilly area. Many 90 degree turns, successive switch-backs, and blind curves. There is an awesome portion that winds around a cemetery as it suddenly drops into a valley; a favorite of mine. The southern section is more high speed based with more straights, beginning and ending with tight, near 180 degree turns. Ahh... If only dreams came true. :P

Wolfe Racing Circuit via Google Maps

wolferacingcircuit.jpg

I like the sound of that...those sound similar to the roads of my youth--- the incredible eastern Ohio backroads..there are some incredible winding, twisty, roller coaster style roads amongst the hills and lakes about 75-100 miles west of Pittsburgh..state routes, county roads, etc. Have to watch out for the Amish on some of them, though.

I try and get in a few hours of backroad fun every time I go back there to visit family..so green there, so different from the arid desert of AZ.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I'd love to see this as a rally.

map

The northern of the two long straight sections (Powerline) is moderately hilly and gravel. The southern section (Jerseyville) is paved but has very sudden rolling hills. I think cars going 120+ km/h on those hills would definately leave the ground. The eastern part of the course is my favourite, I'd love to be there as the cars wind through historic Mineral Springs village, it's insanely twisty. The section of Sulphur Springs just north of Mineral Springs is very steep with a very tight corner at the top - the signs recommend taking it at 10 km/h. The western bit would be very fast with long sweeping corners.