• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
carman21

Next Kia Optima

Hmmm... I like it better than the Epica... actually, I like it a tad more than the Sonata, and it's nearly identical.

I believe it has a cheaper suspension and a weaker engine. Otherwise, Hyundai rebadge, like their van.

The Sonata is far classier and modern-looking than that IMO.

I thought Hyundai execs were crowing about Kia being the "sporty" brand while Hyundai covered the rest of the spectrum? While I find the front more attractive than the Sonata, nothing else is.

I thought Hyundai execs were crowing about Kia being the "sporty" brand while Hyundai covered the rest of the spectrum?  While I find the front more attractive than the Sonata, nothing else is.

Probably because the Sonata is an Accord clone while the Optima is a TSX clone.

Another Hyundai clone- yawn. Why doesn't Hyundai just sell of Kia already? There's really no point in keeping it around.

I like the 2007 Kia Optima...sat in one in Detroit a few weeks ago. In person, the front end has a Lexus LS450 look to it. Good interior textures, fit & finish, sporty "dual exhaust" tailpipes on th V6...very classy.