Chris_Doane

Anyone check out Autoextremist.com today? Delorenzo was comenting on the death of the GTO, and how it was a great car but a little overpriced. He then said Camaro MY 2008 FIREBIRD following by 12 months for 2009 'you heard it here first' in his words.

Going on the assumption that the camaro design is already done and finalized which i believe it is, GM has 20 months to tool up a factory and test models before a fall 2007 launch as a 2008 model. It seems reasonable if a design is ready to be produced, 20 months is enough time, perhaps even generous just to get tooling ready and crash test the models.

Anyone check out Autoextremist.com today?  Delorenzo was comenting on the death of the GTO, and how it was a great car but a little overpriced.  He then said Camaro MY 2008 FIREBIRD following by 12 months for 2009 'you heard it here first' in his words.

Going on the assumption that the camaro design is already done and finalized which i believe it is, GM has 20 months to tool up a factory and test models before a fall 2007 launch as a 2008 model.  It seems reasonable if a design is ready to be produced, 20 months is enough time, perhaps even generous just to get tooling ready and crash test the models.

Whole discussion going on about that:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...topic=6206&st=0

I'd love to see a 69 inspired Impala companion :D

I don't like that GM is committed to the 3.9L though... Imagine a nice mid level Impala with a HF engine and an AWESOME budget performance Camaro with a HF V6 in addition to the V8 versions.

But alas, I guess the HV 3.9L would be fine AS LONG AS GM refines it more!!!!!!!

As for the Buick and Pontiac versions... God, we need them NOW, if anything, even BEFORE the Chevrolet versions. And NO HV 3.9L in those PLEASE GM!!!!!

Will the red-hot Camaro concept still look as cool in another three-plus years as it does today? That's the risk GM is betting on.

Edmunds DOES pose an interesting question (assuming they're right, which I DON'T)

Hopefully the Camaro won't be another GTO (styling-wise) or T-Bird; too little, too late.

I think we need to learn something here, before we find out the truth most times a lot of misinformation or misdirection appears in the press.

I agree... And I think it's intentional... I think GM sometimes intentionally spreads false news to throw competitors and critics off.

**It'd be cool if 2010 was actually the timeline for the Pontiac and Buick models and the Camaro/Impala were here MUCH sooner.***

As it has been said before by Fbodfather don't believe the press!!!!!!!

Also they have the engines wrong so forget the 3.9 and I would guess the 6.2 might be the power of choice by the time the car is out. We will know soon enough.

Word if the car will come much sooner than most think.

Many at GM who really did not care about this car have seen the reaction at the Detroit show and are now pushing to see how much they car speed this car up. This car has gotten the attention of the people who run GM who don't understand cars for once.

Much more is going on than we or even other inside GM know. This car is not going down regular channels!

The Camaro it's self may not save GM but it may change the way many in GM veiw what people want and how to get it out quicker. I believe what is learned here on this program will make a differance in GM's future.