Took some pics this morning

Camino LS6

He looks awesome, and he's not even halfway grown yet. I'd honestly love a Malamute if I could fit one. My friend had two of them, and they were just great...big mushes with people. Plus, he never had a problem with "critters" wandering into his yard after a while.

He looks awesome, and he's not even halfway grown yet. I'd honestly love a Malamute if I could fit one. My friend had two of them, and they were just great...big mushes with people. Plus, he never had a problem with "critters" wandering into his yard after a while.

Zora and Arkus have "controlled" the rodent population in my yard. :excl:

He hasn't grown into his coat yet :lol: So how much of your day is consumed with sweeping up giant hairballs?

That smudge pic reminds me of the pic I have of our Basset Hound...sniffing the camera:

Posted Image

Have you ever seen that ad where the announcer says " slight shedding problem?" while a long haired cat all but explodes? Well, multiply that by a factor of 10 and you'll have some idea of what has just happened here. Both of them are "blowing" their undercoat - Zora's went in about 2 days! :blink:

They are both absolutely beautiful dogs.  It really is a shame you can't keep them both. I know I could never give up Smokey, my St Bernard/Retriever mix.  He really is my best friend

Thanks. Its going to be tough but it has to happen. On the upside I am very happy with the plans Arkus' new owner has for him - he's going to be one happy puppy.

They are looking good, how old are they now ? I didnt know you had to give one up. They will be heartbroke for some time. I did this with 2 7month old boys years ago, one went to a good home for sure, the other went with a young enlisted couple to..........Georgia, I was ashamed, still am, thats what happens when you get in a fix and the reason why I have no puppys from this pack.

OK, Im picking something up here. It sounds like the two bros were a bit unsettled about who was #1 ? Is this why were splitting them up ?

That's it exactly, otherwise they would be mine for life. I don't believe in getting rid of a pet because it becomes "inconvenient". To keep them both now would be selfish and unfair, and bound for disaster of the most unpleasant kind. I just can't do something like that. So, I'm sending Arkus to what I believe will be an awesome life for a dog like him. Zora will stay with me.

That's it exactly, otherwise they would be mine for life. I don't believe in getting rid of a pet because it becomes "inconvenient".  To keep them both now would be selfish and unfair, and bound for disaster of the most unpleasant kind. I just can't do something like that.  So, I'm sending Arkus to what I believe will be an awesome life for a dog like him. Zora will stay with me.

damn Malamutes........Ive seen some stuff let me tell you. I have two girls here that "ya gotta keep em separated". Two males are thick as thieves and if left unattended with the third male it gets real ugly, I can control them by voice however, the males are more about show and loudness but the females are serious stuff man, they will not stop until you somehow manage to get them apart, all the yelling "NO!" in the world will not get their attention. Buckets of water.....nothing......nothing.... something to do with hundreds of generations worth of breeding rites. That is the serious downside to the breed, they are very animal aggressive yet passionate about humans.....typically that is.

Unlike the dogs appearence the history of the Malamute and Inuit dog is everything but pretty.