Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Daytona 500

capriceman

Anybody watch NASCAR??? Tony Steward better start acting like a big boy or im going to have to kick his ass. Matt (dewalt 17) didnt desevre that.

Another win for Chevy!!!

Jimme Jhonson with the Lowes Chevorlet Monte Carlo SS and Hendrix Motorsports wins his first Daytona 500

The New Fusion Race Car sucks it looks horrible

Yeah, I watched parts of it.

But, it seemed like everytime I had my eyes on the race, there was a crash or someone was in trouble...heh. Maybe I shouldn't have watched ... he he eh ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Something's wrong in the world today" ... Aerosmith ... 'Living On The Edge'

Kennseth and Newman were being a bunch of sore losing goofs.

Newman is mad because he isn't as good as Jimmie Johnson and what Kenseth did was just uncalled for.

And what was NASCAR thinks sending Stewart to the back of the pack? NASCAR seriously needs to loosen up. If NASCAR wants to make the race safer they would ditch restrictor plates and lose the convuluted scoring system. I like NASCAR, but this kind of stuff just takes all the fun out of it.

Well... Stewart did shove Kenseth off the track, but he made it back anyway. It was actually a pretty clean and entertaining race, and no "big one." It's just too bad Jr. decided to go for it on the last lap and lost 4 spots.

I think NASCAR should allow the teams to add air conditioning and automatic transmissinons. Then the drivers could just drive around for three hours and the sponsors could all the exposure they want. It's just not racing anymore! If anyone remembers racing from the 70's and 80's you know what I'm talking about.

With the addition of toyota next year I know I will no longer have any interest in this sport.

I'm surprised the race wasn't red-flagged because of the weather. It was terrible! In some shots, you could barely see the cars! Other than that, it seemed like a pretty typical Daytona 500 to me: A few wrecks (no "big one", though), a few specious cautions, and a lot of time spent with cars lined up nose to tail and nothing in particular going on.

Every year, I say to myself that I won't waste every Sunday afternoon watching cars race around in circles for hours on end. Then Sunday rolls around, and there's nothing else to do, so I end up parked on the couch watching NASCAR anyway. *sigh*... I suck at keeping promises to myself.

I don't give a flying rat's ass about the drivers; I am not a driver enthusiast, I am a car enthusiast.

Yes, any race where the driver upstages the car is not motorsport anymore.

I think European Rally Racing, Classic Trans Am & the 24 Hours of LeMans will always be my favorite three forms of motorsport to watch.

But I'd still rather be SCCA racing my Datsun, Drag racing my Camaro or enduro-crashing my Volvo demolition derby car than sit in front of a TV.

Yes, any race where the driver upstages the car is not motorsport anymore.

Well, Nascar is about the drivers (and all the damn sponsers, unfortunately). I mean, I didn't start liking Jeff Gordon because of what car he drove. Ofcourse... his paint job might have had something to do with it. Hmm... Rainbow Warriors!!! :lol:

Anyways, yes, I watched it. Would have liked Gordon to win, but one of his Hendricks Motorsports teammates is the next best thing, I guess. Too bad Stewart couldn't have backed off and prevented both of them from hitting the wall. Bastard. Then what he did to Kenseth... Grrr...