wow... thinking of switching brands...

Newbiewar

well... there was a time, not to long ago either, that i never wanted to get rid of my cars... my firebirds i love them dearly... i figured i wouldnt ever need anything else...

then i glanced at an XLR, and always around Vettes... the new Tahoes... ohh wow....

and this site doesnt help... :CG_all:

but I just realized for an increase in 200$ a month, i could get a CTS-V... thats a manual transmission, 400 hp and navagation... what more could a car enthusiast ask for?

:ohyeah:

wow... 20 years old... i cant imagine myself in 20 more years...

damn beginning life crissis... i remember when my brother bought a 20k$ matrix... ohh i think i'd be the first in my family to get a luxurious vehicle... :pokeowned: damn 50k$ vehicle for less then half the price...

Edited by Newbiewar

You're only 20 years old? You sound way older than that.  :blink:

Let's see, I'm 19 an I drive a 1988 Oldsmobile Delta with 300,000 miles. Looks like I have some catching up to do an I only have a year to do it. :D

Go for it man. A CTS-V will kick ass. By the way, want to switch beginning life crisis'?

naa, i'm cool...

my friend keeps telling me to go to his self estem classes... he then realizes he's got things pretty well...

a bad day to him... "damn my SL55 Got recalled..."

a bad day to the next guy... "damn my mom just passed away"

then hes like... :scratchchin: maybe its not so bad that my car got recalled... :lol:

CTS-V 0-60 is in the high 4's, so yes, it could beat your trans am. I know what you mean though...if it wasn't for high interest rates due to my lack of credit, with the payments I'm making now I could've probably swung for a CPO M5 :P

I love my car though and couldn't be happier...well... :scratchchin:

My suggestion to you would be take that extra 200 a month and start investing if you haven't already. While a change is always nice, you already have a pretty nice ride. Might as well keep it for a while and look into investing...Starting as early as you can is the key.

Edited by Nick

i as well am 20 and am doing fairly well...however i would say to you like Nick keep what you have and hold on to the extra $200 a mo, save up to use on a down payment on a house, or a car in a year or two or ten who knows what you will run into down the road, if your car is relible now, then keep it especially if you have it paid in full.

thats what i would do atleast, congrads on the pay raise

Has my sig. gotten to you? :spin:

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

DONT INVEST IN THE STOCK MARKET!!!!!!!

I thought i could make money with it but know after wacthing nearly $20,000 of my dollars go down the drain on companies, i hate it.

But yeah the CTS is great and all but i would rather have a SSR. Besides every one always wants a new car. Or even the the perfect beater.(cough* Datsun Maxima Cough*) Just like the one 68 has.

Cheaper way out is just upgrade your car. I can put a 383 in my car or a 350 but i dont. I have the money and the tools availble. I would end up dead on the side of I-696 seeing how fast can this car really go. So thats why i limit myself unless doing some one elses project. Then i test drive theres.

www.jegs.com go look for some cheap upgrades.

Edited by capriceman

Wow.. at age 20, where would you get the money for a CTS-V? I'm 23, working full time and still trying to finish up college and here I'm having a pretty tough time keeping up on my school payments, car insurance, food, fun, ect. I would imagine I get paid a decent amount but nothing great. Hell, I'd love to get a base cobalt coupe but I wouldn't even be able to afford that at the moment.

One thing I know is killing me is I have 0 credit rating, I refuse to get any kind of credit card because of fear of going into debt and buying things I won't need.

Actually, Decka, if you can do it, a credit card is a great way to improve your credit rating. Buy something small, pay it off. Do that a couple months in a row, then cut up the card, it's not like there aren't thousands of credit card companies out there for a subsequent account after you feel better able to carry a balance.

Back on topic... I have a new Ridgeline coming soon. Ugh. That hurt just saying it. Ew.

Edited by ocnblu

Wow.. at age 20, where would you get the money for a CTS-V? I'm 23, working full time and still trying to finish up college and here I'm having a pretty tough time keeping up on my school payments, car insurance, food, fun, ect. I would imagine I get paid a decent amount but nothing great. Hell, I'd love to get a base cobalt coupe but I wouldn't even be able to afford that at the moment.

One thing I know is killing me is I have 0 credit rating, I refuse to get any kind of credit card because of fear of going into debt and buying things I won't need.

hey man... just get a card... and put it sompleace, just because you dont want to be in dept doesnt mean you shouldnt establish your credit...

if the bank says hey, you can have 500$ limit, and you say... ahh its okay, i dont really need it, but just in case... it shows you are responsible... its good to have 100% avalible revolving credit... trust me i look at credit every day... its a good way to establish credit... just get a card and put it someplace you'll never use it...

but if you want a car, you are going to have to start somewhere...

i'm 20 and i've already had 4 cars... a 94 firebird formula, a 05 hyundai elantra, 02 camaro v6, and 02 trans am...

i can say my credit is pretty good for my age... but i still need to work on it before they'll lend me enough for a corvette or a CTS-V like I originally was thinking of... even though i can afford one... the bank may be like... well what for?

Besides every one always wants a new car. Or even the the perfect beater.(cough* Datsun Maxima Cough*) Just like the one 68 has.

Initial purchase price: $300 (no title made registration a bit tricky but I'm a pro)

Maintenance: $140 (tune up, a few oil changes, rear end fluid change & new battery)

Repairs: $22 (clutch fan off of a 300ZX and a few miscelaneous bits & pieces)

Rice Accessories: $43 (replaced Nissan emblem on grille w/ older, worn Datsun emblem etc..)

You know that thing really has been the perfect Beater. Only my 1983 Firebird comes close in terms of the Bang/Buck ratio. 8)