Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

eBay Worries and Aggravation

I'm starting to wonder if, perhaps, I might have gotten scammed in some fashion and if I should go ahead and get a refund.

Here's the story. Let's see what you think.

On Tuesday, July 27th, I purchased a guitar from eBay, an '84 G&L Superhawk (for those of you who are familiar with Alice In Chains, Jerry Cantrell uses the one-pickup version of the Superhawk called the Rampage). I was previously the high bidder in the auction (ended on the 26th), but the auction closed with the reserve not being met. I get a message through eBay the following day (the day I bought the guitar) with a Second Chance Offer, the seller saying he would let me have the guitar for $360 bucks plus $40 bucks shipping. I really wanted the guitar, so of course I went home from work on a lunch break to hit the buy it now button and make the guitar mine. The shipping was described as "Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service", which I assume meant USPS.

Elaborating more on the shipping, it stated in the auction that delivery times may vary and that the seller will ship within 5 days of a cleared payment. My payment through PayPal cleared sometime around 6 o'clock that evening I bought the guitar, which I assume would be too late to go to USPS or even UPS or FedEx to ship anything. So, assuming that, I would bet that the guitar was shipped or should have been shipped on Wednesday the 28th.

I sent the seller, who had a feedback rating of 100 percent, a message on eBay on Wednesday asking if he could give me a guess as to when my guitar would get here. No response as of today. I then proceeded to send the seller an e-mail concerning an arrival time through the e-mail address proved to me on PayPal on Friday, again met with no response. I also asked for a tracking number, which did not appear in My eBay, so as far as that goes, I have no way to track it online. My eBay also shows I have zero items in shipping so ...

I've been running a few quotes of my own through USPS, FedEx, and UPS and the estimated delivery times I've been seeing are generally within a range of 2 to 5 days. So, it seems that it should have already been here yesterday (I've seen that all three services do deliver on Saturday) or should be here tomorrow. Although I've read otherwise, even Media Mail, the slowest way to ship anything besides strapping a package to a team of snails with some rubber bands and Gorilla Glue shouldn't take more than around 5 days according to USPS.

The item was being shipped from Monroe, MI to Berea, KY and, generally speaking, the package shouldn't be more than 27 pounds (weight including the guitar, box, packing materials, and the strap, cable, and vibrato bar included in the auction) and is something like 45 inches in length, 17 inches in width, and 6 inches in height.

I'm really scratching my head over the slow delivery time because all of the feedback said that this dude made sure things were really shipped out and delivered quickly.

If anyone can let me know something, if you think my outcome is looking bleak, etc., etc., please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

EDIT: Here is a link to the original auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170515731524&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

Edited by whiteknight

If their feedback is 100% and they've only got several transactions, then it may be of concern. Otherwise, I'd sit tight for just another couple days. I was in a similar situation, and it came down to the person having some change in their routine and schedule which meant they were unable to get their item to the post office to ship to me, and email me in a prompt manner.

lmao! I love this comment on his feedback:

Awesome Ebayer~Very Fast Payment!****INVESTIGATE 911 & MORE! SEEK THE TRUTH!****

I think anyone who'd put that on my eBay profile would get a big, fat -

:P

I've personally had one experience where the seller did not mark it shipped through Ebay. I inquired after a few days of wondering and received back a responce stating he didn't use ebay's shipping service. I received the package the very day I got the response, ironically.

All's well that ends well.

I got a message through eBay from the seller. He shipped it out Friday and gave me the tracking number and it will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow and should be dropped off by a good old Brown Shirt (no, not the Brown Shirts that Glenn Beck rambles about).

... I worry too damn much.

Edited by whiteknight