GTO question

What option on the 68-69 body style Goats was so popular that most people think it was a standard feature?

damnit 24HRS late and $1.00 short. :P

Technically that is incorrect. The '68 GTO had the Endura bumper & hidden headlights as standard equipment. The chrome front bumper and the fixed headlights were 'delete options'. In other words; you could order a car without these features... and usually a delete option resulted in a credit to the sticker price. Delete option headlights & bumper were not offered for '69.

it was hidden healights... altho according to balthazar thats not right... ill hafta double check... but im almost positive they were an option

hidden headlights behind the split grille (technically a $52.66 option, but seen on most GTOs).

see? option... not standard... but then again... wikipedia isnt always the most reliable source... ill keep lookin for sumthin more credible

alright i stand corrected... turns out they were indeed standard... oh well

wikipedia is -generally speaking- a real mess. They should be barred from using "-pedia" in their name until everything is factually checked and viewer editing ability is discontinued. I'll clean up the GTO entry when I get a chance...

I liked the question, it IS an unusual situation regarding the headlights/bumper- just a technicality trip-up no doubt based on erroneous sources. It can be hard to pick your way around those.