Chrysler recalls 268,800 vehicles

Variance

Chrysler recalls 268,800 vehicles

Associated Press /

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group is recalling 268,800 vehicles from the 2005-2006 model years to replace a faulty front windshield wiper motor, the company said Monday.

The wiper motor armature shaft on the vehicles, which include the Dodge Durango, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, and Chrysler Town & Country, can break, resulting in a loss of wiper function, Chrysler said.

The company said it had notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the voluntary recall. Owners will be notified when parts are available.

No accidents or injuries have been reported related to the problem, Chrysler said.

Link: http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...411/1148/AUTO01

Posted Image

:lol:

Actually, this stuff works great if you lose wiper functionality. I was driving my dad's car quite a few years back, and it was pouring when the wipers stopped working. Just stopped at Murray's and picked up a bottle of Rain-X......worked like a charm. Now I even use the Rain-X washer fluid!

I don't think that this is worthy of a recall (not if it were my company) but rather, deserving of a service bulletin.

Since these vehicles are so new, people are probably still taking them to dealerships for service, and if the dealership is any good, they would replace the motor when the car was in for service. And if the scheduled service was some time away, just send a letter alerting customers to bring their vehicles in. A recall always gets blown out of proportion.

At least, that's the way I'd do it.

Edited by MyerShift

• 1 month later...

Recalls and Chrysler products go hand in hand. Must be a Mercedes influence :P

And yet people still buy them over superior GM offerings. :angry:

Smarten up people!

Recalls and Chrysler products go hand in hand. Must be a Mercedes influence  :P

Smarten up people!

Chrysler recalls stuff, I'll admit. but you're an idiot if you haven't seen all the recent recalls GM (and Ford) have had lately (and in the not so recent past). There's not a single car in the Current GM lineup (besides the Corvette, GTO (depending on your viewpoint) and maybe the Caddy brand excluding ths DTS) that is superior to the Chrysler Group vehicles. Don't get me started on explaining to you how and why. Until the new Saturns come out, that won't be changing. G6? maybe better than the older Stratus, but nothing cmpared to the Charger, which will eat it for breakfast.

On top of this, Chrysler is recalling for a small problem.

Edited by Dodgefan

Recalls and Chrysler products go hand in hand. Must be a Mercedes influence  :P

Smarten up people!

I'm not sure why I'm even taking the time to respond to this...but you're an IDIOT.

Every company has recalls from time to time, GM included, and Chrysler doing this for such a small part on new vehicles shows that they recognized the issue, fixed it, and are spending the money to make sure it is no longer a problem on any of the van's affected.

Then again, I forgot--anytime there's a report of ANY competing brand to GM having a recall, regardless of how miniscule it is, a few people always jump out of the woodwork here and throw a party, singing the praises of GM.

Edited by caddycruiser