Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

NewEngland Dragway opened up today!

N.E.D. opened up today, and surprisingly the weather was beautiful...until about 3:00, LOL

I got 7 runs in, as did Silvester (Pretty sure he got 7...)

Track conditions sucked, everyone was sliding all over the place (myself included), but I managed a 14.097 @ 100.67 with a .654 r/t and a 2.174 60 foot time..... thats out of a 96 Cobra with 103,000 miles, a steeda shifter and Bassani x pipe with flowmasters...... not too bad, i dont think

Silvester was....well....a few seconds slower, but we both had a great time up there. Went up with another friend who raced his 05 GT. Here are the videos I got

http://media.putfile.com/NED401-003 <- friends 05 GT

http://media.putfile.com/NED401-004 <- me from outside the car

http://media.putfile.com/NED401-005 <- me from inside the car

I dont have any videos on my camera of the Datsun, but Silvester being the clever person that he is, rigged up a camera stand out of a tripod, duct tape, and his daughters baby seat in the back of the Maxima, (got one or two runs in before tech told him to cut it out, LOL)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

heres a pic of the two pictures I bought from Action Racing Photos (www.actionracingphotos.com) for a dollar each! they're sweet!

Posted Image

Edited by speedingpenguin

I spent most of the time in the staging lanes.... there was an 11 second bronco there, but thats the only one I SAW that is worth mentioning..... I think Silvester probably saw more of the racing though cause he got some good videos.

Ha-ha! You beat me to it! :D

Yes... we must download the video off my

Camera onto the computer there's some

funny stuff there. I got a new all time best

1/4 mile ET in that little Datsun today.

17.4sec. at 80.2mph :lol:

Not quite as exciting as 13.9 @ 103 in the

'68 Camaro but I did manage to get a few

laughs and have a few conversations with

fellow enthusiasts.

Here's two photos taken by the guys from "ActionRacingPhotos.com"

Posted Image

Check out the driver's side tire.... yes it's off the ground like 2". :spin:

Posted Image

See that? My little Datsun is a wheel stander! :sign0200:

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

Sounds fun, I was supposed to go last friday, to firebird raceway in chandler, az, but I didnt get to go. I did go a few weeks ago. The best I got was 14.89@ 94. I was hoping for alot better, but I had trouble getting traction, and on a few runs the tires spun up to about 45mph.

I'm looking into getting a cam, and LSD. Once I do that I'll go back to see how much of a difference it made.

Sounds fun, I was supposed to go last friday, to firebird raceway in chandler, az, but I didnt get to go. I did go a few weeks ago. The best I got was 14.89@ 94. I was hoping for alot better, but I had trouble getting traction, and on a few runs the tires spun up to about 45mph.

I'm looking into getting a cam, and LSD. Once I do that I'll go back to see how much of a difference it made.

V6? What year?

EDIT: Oops, I read that you had a Firebird, and that's the average "going rate" for stock late-model V6 F-Bodies.

Edited by NOS2006

V6? What year?

EDIT: Oops, I read that you had a Firebird, and that's the average "going rate" for stock late-model V6 F-Bodies.

Nope, no firebird, though I do have the same V6 as a firebird, except with a supercharger on it. It's a grand prix gtp, and it should be alot faster than it is.

They are supposed to be about 15.1 in the 1/4 stock, but the best I got when mine was stock was 15.7. Since then I have added about 40hp, to get my current best time of 14.89.

Oh, cool. I have a 3.8 in my '98 Camaro and this month I'm throwing in a LSD, better final gear ratio (3.73 vs the stock 3.08), GT2 cam, 130# valve springs, pushrods, modified steel retainers, shift kit, headers, and a tune. :)

See that? My little Datsun is a wheel stander! :sign0200:

Posted Image

I'd love to join in on the congratulations, but I think you are misreading the pic: no 17.8-sec car is going to lift a front wheel.

If it was 600-HP and it coasted from the 100-foot mark or some sort of radically imbalanced car (Lil' Red Wagon).... maybe.

When you jack up the front of the car (it's a nissan; undoubtedly that's not uncommon ;) ) until the wheels are hanging, compare where the wheel center is in relation to the rocker panel. Your car would have unusually short suspension travel if that pic had the wheel hanging on the bump stops....

Edited by balthazar

You're right, of course Balthazar... although it

looked like the wheel was off the gound in the

photo my post was meant tongue in cheek.The

car is not any higher on one side than another

and clearly the pass side is firmly on the

ground.

Still, I think I'll throw on a junk yard turbo...

(Volvo, MB or perhaps SAAB) and mount it in the

rear and see if I can "break" into the 15s.

Hopefully thi swill not involve "breaking" the rear

end or trans. :P

P.S. Fly, Air ride rear shocks will soon be installed

on the Datsun. I think the factory ones have out

stayed their welcome at 153,000 miles.

• 4 weeks later...

Timeslips. :)

http://i3.tinypic.com/wly9h0.jpg

John Force would be jelaous.

yeah, especially with those BLISTERING 2.6xx 60' times, sheesh.... ya should PROBABLY start thinking about wheelie bars!!!! :D

Hopefully I'll be getting rid of my "PROBLEMS" (I drive a 96 cobra haha) soon and re-joining the GM family SOON. Then, Silvester, you and me will have to have some head-to-head drag racing action happenin! Ya might be faster than me next time we go up there! LOL