2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Very nice. I always hoped my dad would get a newer generation Bonneville like yours. He really liked the GXP at LAIAS last year, but oh well... I really miss the power, room, comfort etc. of our '92 SSEi (RIP wherever it is).

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the GXP, the the generation in general was always great looking. The interior is what killed it.

Meh. You can bitch about the gray on gray, but its one of the most functional and easy-to-live with interiors I've ever been in.

Meh. You can bitch about the gray on gray, but its one of the most functional and easy-to-live with interiors I've ever been in.

the gray stuff isn't what killed it, it was the blobs of melted plastic that they called a dashboard that I hated (in other words: it was ugly).

the gray stuff isn't what killed it, it was the blobs of melted plastic that they called a dashboard that I hated (in other words: it was ugly).

Yet funny. Its all soft-touch plastic. More soft plastic than an Avalon as a matter of fact.

Hmmmm...

Yet funny. Its all soft-touch plastic. More soft plastic than an Avalon as a matter of fact.

Hmmmm...

EVERY car uses plastic on the interior...but depending on the combination of shapes and the grades of the materials and how it all fits together is what matters.

I never understand why some people get into a "soft" fight on this forum, because just about every BMW and VW uses very firm or hard pieces, but the LOOK and what you actually FEEL in normal use is all very nice.

That's a cool car, no doubt, but I agree that the interiors in them were horrid. Just ugly from a style point of view, with all the blobs and el-cheapo little circular "airplane" vents, plus the red lighting. But that's just me.

It probably is very functional and comfortable, overall, just would be a LOT more so with a new dash and door panels. The same is true of our Suburban--it's actually a really plain design, but riddled with cheap details, yet in the end, it's still a very comfortable and easy operate in space...just not one to be proud of, given what it cost :rolleyes:

Edited by caddycruiser

Beautiful, does it still look like that? :thumbsup:

Thanks! The black weatherstripping plastic on the door panels are somewhat faded and there's a nice 1-inch vertical chip on the front plate filler, but aside from that, yes. Silky smooth, too. Amazing what frequent pampering can do :D

It definately is a nice looking car, and the first model year definately got the best looking wheels...which worked well with the cladding, that I actually liked.

How many miles and what's needed to be fixed/repaired over the years?

Edited by caddycruiser

It definately is a nice looking car, and the first model year definately got the best looking wheels...which worked well with the cladding, that I actually liked.

How many miles and what's needed to be fixed/repaired over the years?

Well, since I do fly planes, I love the aircraft interior and the red lighting is unique and very clear/legible. :thumbsup:

About 108,000mi on the clock now with very, very few problems over the past near-six years. Besides parts replaced as a result of the accident, a battery lead under the rear seat disconnected itself and needed replacement, the oil pressure sensor failed and tach'd out on the 'hi' side for no apparent reason...and that's about it. The only recurring 'problem' is the moonroof sunshade headliner, which doesn't want to stay glued so a small portion of it comes loose sometimes.

But for all its been though, that's saying alot, IMO.

Amazing what frequent pampering can do :D

Wow, they make diapers that big? :lol2: ba-dum-ching! Hey-oh! Hey, this thing on...? :unsure: