Dad purchased 2007 Yukon!

My Dad has been ready to replace a 2000 F-150 that was worn-out. My parents have been long-time, loyal Ford buyers...I have worked for a Ford deale since 1992. Their first consideration was Expedition and F-150 Super-Crew. Mom currently drives (and LOVES) her 2002 Explorer.

Dad was very interested in the Nissan Armada, and some of his co-workers suggested a Ridgeline. So he looked, drove, and then took Mom along to test drive again. And again.

Mom & Dad's thoughts:

Expedition and F-150 - good reputation and good $$ deal with my family plan pricing, but looks are a bit too bland. Performance feels weak.

Armada - very impressive overall, great seats, nice image, good acceleration. I think my mom liked the exhaust note & dash design on this one the best.

Ridgeline - Probably a fantastic choice..but uuuhhh...ugly...hello? Dad is an adult...the Honda looks like a $30K toy. He would not even test drive it. Where's the dignity? No way. He would be laughed at during the next family picnic.

2007 Yukon - best front seats (according to Mom), most tasteful & fresh styling, gorgeous ebony leather interior, overall felt the easiest to climb in, drive, park. Plus, the allure of an all-new "2007" model.

So after about 3 weeks of car shopping, I negotiated & closed his deal on a 2007 Yukon yesterday. What a wonderful machine! Steel grey SLT with pkg 4SA, Bose, XM, center row buckets. Got it for $3000 off sticker at Beck & Masten Pontiac-GMC in Houston, TX. They were easy to work with and get my reccommendation, again.

Chose this dealer since I have done much business with them in the past...it's where my '04 Grand Prix came from. Yes, I work for Ford and drive GM.

Dad's purchase of this new Yukon is significant...about half our family is GM loyal and half is Ford loyal. I'm so glad my Dad gave GM a chance again!

Edited by jlgolden

Ridgeline - Probably a fantastic choice..but uuuhhh...ugly...hello?  Dad is an adult...the Honda looks like a $30K toy.  He would not even test drive it.  Where's the dignity? No way.  He would be laughed at during the next family picnic. 

What self respecting Texan would drive a ridgeline anyway? Way to go Dad :thumbsup:

Congrats.

It's an SLT with pkg 4SA, optional quad buckets, Bose XM, roof rail cross bars. third row bench seat. Great features, great refinement.

-

Mom wanted the 20" wheels but Dad thought they were tacky. After some discussion, they decided on the standard aluminum wheels.

What a nice rig!

yeah i was just wondering and I think you dad is write.....I don't think the 20s on the yukon look that good....if I were them I would take the money they woulda spent on those and put them into some nice aftermarket 18 or 19s

Edited by scharmer05

• 4 weeks later...