My, oh my!

Disappointing it's an automatic...

eBay shows the vehicle history check as follow:

Event date 	Location 	Odometer reading 	Data Source 	        Details
03/06/2009 	NEWNAN, GA 	                        Motor Vehicle Dept. 	REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/08/2009 	NEWNAN, GA 	39                      Motor Vehicle Dept. 	TITLE (Title #:9550090980027)(Lien Reported)
03/04/2010 	SHARPSBURG, GA 	                        Motor Vehicle Dept. 	REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/11/2011 	SHARPSBURG, GA 	                        Motor Vehicle Dept. 	TITLE (Title #:5738110427027)
                                                                               REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/14/2011 	GA 	                                State Agency 	        REAR IMPACT REPORTED 
                                                                               SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED 

I'm sure someone shipped over a Ute body and grafted it to a wrecked G8.

But I'd love to have it anyway.

But isn't the Ute a RHD model? I'm assuming the wrecked G8 could have given its LHD dash? Could it be a Middle East Ute (are they LHD)?

I'm sure that the G8 and Ute bodies were both designed to be RHD or LHD. Or they could have grafted rear of the B pillars.

Also, 36k on it and they want $31k? The price one has to pay to play.

36K ain't nothing. If you want something like this, you have to pay for its rarity... or pay to build it. I doubt one could build one for less than 31K, counting the G8 donor and the shipping of the Ute body to North America.

Wouldn't be very hard to do, but the key to its legality is the location of the VIN.

Not a problem if it is on the dash below the windsheild - the two could be joined seamlessly at the factory weld points. I seem to recall that that is where it is.

An "A" pillar VIN would be a tad more difficult.

Wouldn't be very hard to do, but the key to its legality is the location of the VIN.

Not a problem if it is on the dash below the windsheild - the two could be joined seamlessly at the factory weld points. I seem to recall that that is where it is.

An "A" pillar VIN would be a tad more difficult.

The NHTSA 1981 VIN standard is based on the ISO 1979/1980 standard, which most of the world seems to follow now, in slight variations. All VINs should be in on the dash below the windshield, regardless of country of origin.