2012 Chrysler 300

Instead of the Impala (I've had 3 as rentals this year), I moved up a class at the counter and chose a 300 over the LaCrosse.

Had a silver 2012 Chrysler 300 with 795 miles on it when I picked it up Friday night in San Jose. Drove to Monterey and got to drive on a mix of freeway, two lane roads, and city streets around the Monterey Bay area over the weekend.

Impressions:

Smooth, quiet, solid and hefty. Even w/ the V6, it moves out at a reasonable pace...sticks to the road well for its size. Outward visiblity is pretty good, better than the similarly sized Taurus I drove last year IIRC.

Great lights at night (xenon, I believe)

Comfortable, adjustable seats. Lots of room.

Love the thick rimmed steering wheel, good steering feel.

Nice gauge lighting, gauges easy to read. Controls wells laid out, easy to use

The crisp exterior styling has grown on me, not as blocky looking as the previous generation model IMO.

Negatives:

Felt wide when parking (or maybe typical California parking spaces are narrow...also a lot of people seem to park right on the line..)

All in a all, a very pleasant car.

DSC00204-vi.jpg

DSC00538-vi.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

sweet car, but they is big!

At least though, that option is still on the market.

8 speed auto?

I would assume that's what it had..the key tag said 2012. It shifted smoothly. I could see one of these w/ more options and a lighter interior as a strong candidate for my next daily driver.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar