(NY Auto Show) Camaro different in person?

Munson05

:) I just got home from the new york auto show. Now I have been infatuated by the Camaro Concept since I saw it but after actually seeing the car im awestruck. There really is a difference from seeing the pictures and seeing it in person. I asked for Scott Settlemire the girl said I just missed him and he would be there tomorrow. The girl who introduced the car was real informative and even made things interesting with some comments about the car. I was speaking to her after her presentation and I said I believed the car was already being worked on and she winked at me. I know everyone knows the car is a go, but I still like the hints she and other GM people dropped at the show that the car is to be made.

I also have to say, I liked the Chalenger concept but tonight the buzz seemed to be all Camaro. The Chalenger had a few peoples attention but the Camaro seemed to really captivate people. Maybe this will change in the other days of the show who knows . I do think the Camaro is better, its a foward looking design while paying respect to the Camaros great past. They also said it will be priced along with the Mustang, which is good news even if its kind of old news around here anyway. So I now believe we are very close to an official announcement. What a car, so does any one else who saw it agree its even better in person?,,,,,,

Come on GM announce it already....

:) I just got home from the new york auto show. Now I have been infatuated by the Camaro Concept since I saw it but after actually seeing the car im awestruck. There really is a difference from seeing the pictures and seeing it in person. I asked for Scott Settlemire the girl said I just missed him and he would be there tomorrow. The girl who introduced the car was real informative and even made things interesting with some comments about the car. I was speaking to her after her presentation and I said I believed the car was already being worked on and she winked at me. I know everyone knows the car is a go, but I still like the hints she and other GM people dropped at the show that the car is to be made.

I also have to say, I liked the Chalenger concept but tonight the buzz seemed to be all Camaro. The Chalenger had a few peoples attention but the Camaro seemed to really captivate people. Maybe this will change in the other days of the show who knows . I do think the Camaro is better, its a foward looking design while paying respect to the Camaros great past. They also said it will be priced along with the Mustang, which is good news even if its kind of old news around here anyway. So I now believe we are very close to an official announcement. What a car, so does any one else who saw it agree    its even better in person?,,,,,,

Come on GM announce it already....

sure just about everyone i've talked to agreed... its something you must reserve judgement until you see it in person... its a magnificent vehicle...

I was lucky and got in with a small group Scott invited. We had about 2 hours to spend with the car and really got to get a good look at it.

I can say I like what I saw int he pictures but the car is so much bettter in 3D. Photo's just don't convey many of the body lines and size..

I also saw the Challanger. It was nice but I too saw many less people around the car. I was not sure if it was the car or where it was at the show. Chry had the car along a back wall and it could have just been missed by many?

Ther Challanger is one that did not look as good in person as it is just too big. I also was troubled by the fact it looked too much like the original car. MY thought was it looks good but it looks like a old car. How long till the Neat factor wears off? It took a about a year and half to two years for the PT and Beetle. When you see them every day it not that exciting anymore. I have not seen the Mustang get to that point yeat as there are so many varied models and custom ones out. The 300 also is standing up well with time.

I just hope the more modern look of the Camaro will keep wearing well with the public and keep the wow factor going. I expect it will.

I also saw the Challanger. It was nice but I too saw many less people around the car. I was not sure if it was the car or where it was at the show. Chry had the car along a back wall and it could have just been missed by many?

Ther Challanger is one that did not look as good in person as it is just too big. I also was troubled by the fact it looked too much like the original car. MY thought was it looks good but it looks like a old car. How long till the Neat factor wears off? It took a about a year and half to two years for the PT and Beetle. When you see them every day it not that exciting anymore.  I have not seen the Mustang get to that point yeat as there are so many varied models and custom ones out. The 300 also is standing up well with time.

The Challenger looks terrible compared to what it should look like. They took the original, added the most remote amount of modern touches (headlights, taillights, other small things) and said, "Hey! Check out the new Challenger! It has a Hemi!"

The Challenger looks terrible compared to what it should look like. They took the original, added the most remote amount of modern touches (headlights, taillights, other small things) and said, "Hey! Check out the new Challenger! It has a Hemi!"

The Challenger generated more excitement among the journalists at Detroit than the Camaro did...and by the time New York rolled around, it was old news...so I can't comment about the excitement there.

I can, however, comment on the Challenger's styling. It LOOKS like the old Challenger, but if you compare them, they're dramatically different. It's not that they took the old one and they put "the most remote amount of modern touches" on it, it's proportioned differently. As one of the Chrysler execs said, it's how you REMEMBER the Challenger. I do like that the Camaro uses touches from the old models without copying the old models (like Chrysler and Ford have done), but I didn't think the execution is what it should have been. It looks like a characture of a Camaro to me and not an actual car. It's as if Ed Roth designed the Camaro concept. The Challenger looks as if Hot Wheels designed it, which is only slightly better.