GTO problems

Well, I encountered two problems today in the GTO.

First, as I was driving along on the Interstate, a rock flew up and left a very, very small chip on the windshield. It's probably an eighth of an inch in diameter, and it's only on the outside. So, my question is, how easily can it be fixed?

The second problem is a little more serious (potentially) and I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it's something in the rear end - probably the tires. I heard a slight "hiss" coming from the rear when I was driving, and I thought maybe it was some electrical problem and the speakers were making it (the stereo was off). However, I rode in the back of the car and decided it wasn't the speakers, and that it must be the tires/shocks. I've heard that if the GTO gets out of alignment that the tires can rub, but I looked underneath the car and didn't see where it would be rubbing.

Anyone have any ideas? I think I'm just going to take it in on Monday most likely.

Well, I encountered two problems today in the GTO.

First, as I was driving along on the Interstate, a rock flew up and left a very, very small chip on the windshield. It's probably an eighth of an inch in diameter, and it's only on the outside. So, my question is, how easily can it be fixed?

The second problem is a little more serious (potentially) and I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it's something in the rear end - probably the tires. I heard a slight "hiss" coming from the rear when I was driving, and I thought maybe it was some electrical problem and the speakers were making it (the stereo was off). However, I rode in the back of the car and decided it wasn't the speakers, and that it must be the tires/shocks. I've heard that if the GTO gets out of alignment that the tires can rub, but I looked underneath the car and didn't see where it would be rubbing.

Anyone have any ideas? I think I'm just going to take it in on Monday most likely.

there is a good chance a windshield repair place can fix that chip. they fill it with some epoxy stuff and heat it up. (overly simplified)

The chip some companys can drill it out and fill it in and you cant even notice it.

The hiss is just probaly some brake fluid spraying out so dont worry about it. i wish thats the only noise i have, just one i have is every time I turn my steering wheel a horrible squeaking comes from it.

Excuse my ignorance, but does the GTO have the limited slip differential? I admit I'm stupid when it comes to the Tech shiznit. Some Solstice owners have had issues with their differential. It starts off as a hiss, then grows overtime into a major issue.

My guess would be rear brakes as the source of the hiss. Can you jack up the car and spin the wheels by hand? If that replicates the sound, I would pull the wheel(s)and take a good look at the brake pads. Could be as simple as some debris caught in there or the "squealer" just starting to contact the rotor.

I agree with Camino, or, in the absolute worst case senario, you've got a wheel hub assembly (if the car uses one, I'm not horribly sure even with all my parts knowledge), is going bad and the sound is of the wheel bearing inside the hub assembly starting to no longer like you.