Cheers or Jeers: 23,000 Mile 1993 Pontiac Sunbird Convertible

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Light, cheap to maintain and efficient!
    • Jeers! That price is way out of line.

VERY LOW MILES!!! Garage Kept!!! Runs and drives great. The body and paint are in excellent condition. The convertible top is perfect. The interior is very clean. The leather upholstery is in excellent shape. Has a clear title.

$(KGrHqVHJE4E88eUSnL7BPWlD6dfJg~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJFIE88e5T(ORBPWlEEvI1!~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJEYE88dNBUO6BPWlENY(WQ~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!n4E8VcTI+5kBPWlD1vti!~~_4.JPG

I like this too... however I think the price is about $1500 too high (though the condition and mileage are definitely contributors). It's in NJ, but I don't have that kind of cash otherwise I'd be very tempted to check it out.

My cousin bought a leftover red 1992 Chevy Cavalier Z24 Coupe in September '92. Her husband was a big Chevy fan so they stuck with Chevy. In April '94 she was about to give birth to her first child and they decided a new car payment was not in their interests, so she offered the car to me (it had a tad under 8k miles on it - obviously it wasn't driven much). I got to buy it for the pay-off amount (which was low since my uncle was a retired GM employee and she got GM employee pricing, plus she had a trade-in and put a small amount of cash down). I was 19 and in college driving a '78 Camaro LT - this was practically a new car for half the price of new!

However, I was very much a Pontiac fan (had been for years) and wished she had bought the Sunbird GT Coupe instead. I know the Sunbird was more of a woman's car versus the Cavalier, but being a Pontiac guy I admired these cars (especially the GT models). This convertible brings back those memories of my Cavalier and me always wanting a Sunbird GT of that era (a girld I dated in HS - she was going to be a senior and I was going to be a junior - summer romance) had a red 1990 Sunbird coupe that we went everywhere in - that also contributed to my liking of the Sunbird.

I'll be keeping an eye on that auction :smilewide: