Cheers or Jeers: 60,000 mile 1929 Cadillac Sport Phaeton Model 341-B

6 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! the only way to let people know you have arrived!
    • Jeers! Should be persian orange and cream colored, not green and yellow!

This American pre-war model is completely un-restored and original and in very good running and driving condition. It has been kept well and is a perfect restoration candidate. All body panels are solid and original with no corrosion. Undercarriage is clean with only superficial rust. This is the first year of the synchro-mesh transmission saving the driver the tiresome double-clutching. This car also has electric windshield wipers and safety glass all around.

At just over 5000 lbs., and with a 140 inch wheelbase, this car is well-suited for long-distance touring with plenty of room for driver and passengers.

Introduced in 1928, the series 341-B Caddy was similar to 1928 Cadillac Series 341-A except: • Side lights moved to fenders. • Security-Plate safety glass used in all windows and windshields. • All brightwork chrome plated. • Electric windshield wipers used.

Fleetwood introduced the All Weather Phaeton. • Fleetwood showed the sweep panel across cowl and hood on all body styles. • Chassis: Duplex-Mechanical brakes with all shoes internal used. • Drive line: Synchro-mesh transmission introduced.

Technical Stats:140” wb.Body Style 1183-B 4-dr. Sport Phaeton 4 passenger. Engine description - Ninety degree V-8, L-head. Eight cylinder. Cast iron block on Copper/Aluminum crankcase.Bore and Stroke; 3-5/16 x 4-15/16 in.Displacement: 341 cu. in.Compression ratio: 5.3:1 std. 4.8:1 opt.Brake H.P.: 90 plus advertised.SAE/Taxable/N.A.C.C. H.P.: 35.1Main bearings: ThreeValve lifters: Mechanical, with rollers riding on camsCarburetor: Manufactured by Cadillac under C. F. Johnson patents.Compression: 90-92 psi @ 1000 R.P.M., 105-107 psi @ 1000 RPM with hi-compression headsLength - 213-1/4 in.Front/Rear Tread - 56/58 in.Tires - 7.00-20 (32 x6.75)Transmission: Selective synchromesh transmissionSpeeds: 3 Forward, 1 reverseControls: Left drive, center control (rhd opt)Clutch: Twin disc clutchDrive: Shaft drive (torque tube)Axle: Full floating rear axle, spiral bevel drive Overall ratio: 5.08:1 std; 4.75:1, 4.39:1 opt.Brakes: Duplex-mechanical brakes on four wheels. All shoes inside drums. Drum size: 16-1/2 in.Wheels: Wood artillery wheels (wire and disc opt)Wheel size: 20 in.

$(KGrHqZHJBQE8+mGvRSDBPRTuPR-Hg~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJCwE9!Vqql6qBPRTuoYFpg~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!ngE8VTJ0kn)BPRTvhO75Q~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJ!4E8+iZ5cl8BPRTtgEoJQ~~_4.JPG

^ Moto-Meters are aftermarket-supplied; numerous cars used them.

Yeah, but I had to know. So I carefully broke the seal of lead that someone (probably my grandfather) used to completely seal up the spot where the stem mounted, and opened it up. I was hoping to see a Buick, or Chevy, or Duesenberg logo, but no such luck this one was a universal model. So I turned it around so that it could be seen from the other side and re-assembled it.

It still had gaskets inside!

Lovely old car, yet the condition and price made me have to give it a jeers. Sorry, but that is how I feel when it comes to a historical piece like this for the price being asked. Needs to be restored. Good luck with the sale.