Cheers or Jeers: 25,000 Mile 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix McLaren Coupe

7 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! I love buttons! :D
    • Jeers! Functional as a commuter, but not a collector piece.

1990 Pontiac Grand Prix McLaren 3.1L V6 MPI Turbo WITH ONLY 25858 MILE’S

Looking For A Fun Luxury Coupe, Then Look No Further!!!!! Just Take a Look At This 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix McLaren!!! What A Great Color Combo The Red Exterior Factory Paint Is Clean!!! The Tan Leather Interior Is In Nice Condition,

It Loaded With All The Options Like A Fuel-Efficient And Powerful 3.1L V6 MPI Turbo, Smooth Shifting Automatic Transmission, AC Tilt Steering Wheel, Cruise Control, Power Windows, Power Locks, Premium Audio System AM/FM Stereo Cass CD Player, 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Disc Brakes, Tinted Glass, Anti-Theft Alarm System And Premium Alloy Wheels

8208630_4.jpg

8208630_8.jpg

8208630_16.jpg

8208630_37.jpg

Jeers, plastic hell that will break once heavy use is put on it and it is now way a collectors item. Best left as a history note in the books.

I LOVE these Turbo Grand Prix's (only offered in red or black with tan leather, in '89 & '90 - the GTP model debuted for '91 replacing the turbocharged 3.1L V6 with the 3.4L V6). I'd so park this in my garage and take to car shows without a problem.

It doesn't look like a McLaren, nor does it look like it does 200 mph. I say jeers because regardless of the trim package, it is still a 91 Grand Prix and those are junk.

First, its a '90 GP, not a '91.

You know its not a trim package, its a Garrett turbo upgrade with a special tranny. $5000 option back in 1990. Only 2000 made in 1989, not sure how many for 1990. For 1991, I think it lost the McLaren name, but the turbo option was still available. Unless I'm overlooking something, this was the highest HP engine GM had in a FWD car '89-'91 and only the F-bods and 'Vette had more... only about 30 hp more.