Mini News: Rumorpile: Next Generation MINI Cooper To Come In Five Door Guise?

William Maley

Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

May 30, 2012

The MINI Cooper in the U.S. has gotten one consistent complaint since its launch in 2002; its too small and and not very practical. MINI however has a plan to rectify this complaint.

According to Motoring File, the brand is working a five-door variant, codenamed F55, to appear sometime after the revamped three-door model bows in early 2013. The five-door is aimed at the U.S. and European markets.

The five-door will have the back doors hinged on the B-Pillar and extend over the rear wheel arches and all the way to the gas cap. The addition of the two-doors will add two inches of rear legroom.

To avoid the five-door looking like an awkward long-wheelbase MINI hatch, designers will implement a sleeker C-pillar that will give it a more rakish profile.

Source: Motoring File

View full article

Some things you just should not mess with. Yea, I know I am not a mini customer and will never be, but for smaller people, the mini is a perfect fit and they should not attempt to stretch a mini to fit bigger people.

Small car for small people. Live well enough alone.

• Agree 2

They are trying to become a full line automaker. As a current MINI owner (picked it up yesterday) I'm starting to see some wisdom in the Countryman SUV thing. They are selling a boat load of them around here and people seem to love them....

We'll see what the five door brings...

Some things you just should not mess with. Yea, I know I am not a mini customer and will never be, but for smaller people, the mini is a perfect fit and they should not attempt to stretch a mini to fit bigger people.

Small car for small people. Live well enough alone.

I don't believe they're go to stretch it out much.. Maybe add a couple of inches here..

Besides, if you want a stretched Mini.. You either get a Countryman or the Clubman