Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Mini News: Spying: Mini Countryman Coupe

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

June 22, 2012

From the well that's an odd vehicle to test on the Nürburgring; new spy photos emerged of the now officially named Mini Countryman Coupe doing some laps on the ring.

The Countryman Coupe differs from the standard Countryman with a sloping roof, rising beltline, and a redesigned rear end with a set of new taillights. The Countryman Coupe will sit on the Countryman's platform, however the coupe will be slightly longer and lower.

Expect the Countryman's power and drivetrain lineup to be shared with the Coupe.

The new Countryman Coupe will be revealed in September.

Source: CarScoop, Car & Driver

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

So this is way better than the current 2 seater coupe/convertible. I saw in the costco parking lot the current model and thought it ugly, but asked the wife and she looked at it, the person inside put down the hard top roof and while it looked a bit better, the wife still felt it was but ugly.

This coupe with the sloping roof and lack of rear visibility on the corners still does nothing for me. Good Luck to Mini as I do not think this cuts it.

So far, the only MINI variant I do not care for is the 4-door countryman. I am thankful to see a 2-door CUV hit the market. I also like the baby Land Rover 2-door.

Ocnblu I actually do like the 4 door countryman. I can at least sit in a partially reclined position in that car. Otherwise I do not fit in any Mini especially the 2 doors.

Thankfully, I fit in the two door, its a fun car to hon around in.in an auto-X.

I actually Hated the countryman when it came out but I now like it...for someone elses driveway....

LOL, Guess we can always say auto's we dislike are better in someone elses driveway! :P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      It's no secret that Mini's fortunes have not been good lately. In the first half of this year, Mini has only moved 17,583 cars of its five model lineup in the U.S. Parent company BMW needs to do something. Last month, Mini unveiled the all-electric version of the Mini-Cooper with a range between 146 and 167 miles.  Now, a report out from Automobile Magazine says that Mini has canceled the internal combustion engine versions for the entire model range in the next generation of cars. 
      Starting in 2023, Mini will use a skateboard style chassis to underpin the entire lineup.  There will be a new downsized mini... a MiniMini, a more compact 3-door version, and a Mini crossover.  All would be front-wheel drive and offer 35-kWh or 50-kWh battery packs.  Part of the development is being done by China's Great Wall Motors. 
      The electric Minis will be built in China with no word on other manufacturing locations.  This follows Daimler's strategy on SMART to make it an all EV brand and build it in China for Chinese consumption. 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      It's no secret that Mini's fortunes have not been good lately. In the first half of this year, Mini has only moved 17,583 cars of its five model lineup in the U.S. Parent company BMW needs to do something. Last month, Mini unveiled the all-electric version of the Mini-Cooper with a range between 146 and 167 miles.  Now, a report out from Automobile Magazine says that Mini has canceled the internal combustion engine versions for the entire model range in the next generation of cars. 
      Starting in 2023, Mini will use a skateboard style chassis to underpin the entire lineup.  There will be a new downsized mini... a MiniMini, a more compact 3-door version, and a Mini crossover.  All would be front-wheel drive and offer 35-kWh or 50-kWh battery packs.  Part of the development is being done by China's Great Wall Motors. 
      The electric Minis will be built in China with no word on other manufacturing locations.  This follows Daimler's strategy on SMART to make it an all EV brand and build it in China for Chinese consumption. 
    • By Drew Dowdell
      MINI is introducing an all-electric version of the Mini-Cooper SE.  The go-kart like feeling of the MINI is preserved with the battery mounted low in the vehicle floor for a lower center of gravity. Doing so means that there is no reduction in cargo volume. The battery range in the European cycle is approximately 235 KM to 270 KM (146 miles to 167 miles), however official EPA range estimates have not yet been established. 
      Power is delivered by a 181 hp / 199 lb-ft of torque electric motor twisting the front wheels and the electric motor is smaller and lighter than the equivalent gasoline engine.  Wheel slip is limited to help the Mini cooper with it unmistakable agility. Zero to 62 mph is 7.3 seconds.  Top speed is limited to 93.2 mph. 
      Energy regeneration through braking can be handled in one of two modes.  The Mini can be driven in "one-pedal" mode where there is significant deceleration once the driver lifts off the accelerator pedal. This allows the car to more aggressively regenerate the battery in an urban setting. 
      The Electric Mini gets a model specific cockpit with a digital dashboard, providing information such as charge level, driving mode, range, traffic sign detection, and more.  While charging the display with give an estimate of the time charging will be finished. DC fast-charging is available and the MINI can accept 50kw charging to gain 80% range in just 35 minutes.   Heating and cooling is more energy efficient as well, using a new heat-pump system the interior is heated from waste heat from the electric motor and battery and outside air before feeding it into the air conditioning system.  The new heat-pump system uses 75 percent less electricity than a conventional EV heating system. Interior temperature can be controlled before departure via an app on the driver's phone. 
      The electric Mini-Cooper goes into production in November.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      MINI is introducing an all-electric version of the Mini-Cooper SE.  The go-kart like feeling of the MINI is preserved with the battery mounted low in the vehicle floor for a lower center of gravity. Doing so means that there is no reduction in cargo volume. The battery range in the European cycle is approximately 235 KM to 270 KM (146 miles to 167 miles), however official EPA range estimates have not yet been established. 
      Power is delivered by a 181 hp / 199 lb-ft of torque electric motor twisting the front wheels and the electric motor is smaller and lighter than the equivalent gasoline engine.  Wheel slip is limited to help the Mini cooper with it unmistakable agility. Zero to 62 mph is 7.3 seconds.  Top speed is limited to 93.2 mph. 
      Energy regeneration through braking can be handled in one of two modes.  The Mini can be driven in "one-pedal" mode where there is significant deceleration once the driver lifts off the accelerator pedal. This allows the car to more aggressively regenerate the battery in an urban setting. 
      The Electric Mini gets a model specific cockpit with a digital dashboard, providing information such as charge level, driving mode, range, traffic sign detection, and more.  While charging the display with give an estimate of the time charging will be finished. DC fast-charging is available and the MINI can accept 50kw charging to gain 80% range in just 35 minutes.   Heating and cooling is more energy efficient as well, using a new heat-pump system the interior is heated from waste heat from the electric motor and battery and outside air before feeding it into the air conditioning system.  The new heat-pump system uses 75 percent less electricity than a conventional EV heating system. Interior temperature can be controlled before departure via an app on the driver's phone. 
      The electric Mini-Cooper goes into production in November.

• My Clubs

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook