Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Mini News: Spying: Mini Countryman Coupe

William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

June 22, 2012

From the well that's an odd vehicle to test on the Nürburgring; new spy photos emerged of the now officially named Mini Countryman Coupe doing some laps on the ring.

The Countryman Coupe differs from the standard Countryman with a sloping roof, rising beltline, and a redesigned rear end with a set of new taillights. The Countryman Coupe will sit on the Countryman's platform, however the coupe will be slightly longer and lower.

Expect the Countryman's power and drivetrain lineup to be shared with the Coupe.

The new Countryman Coupe will be revealed in September.

Source: CarScoop, Car & Driver

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

So this is way better than the current 2 seater coupe/convertible. I saw in the costco parking lot the current model and thought it ugly, but asked the wife and she looked at it, the person inside put down the hard top roof and while it looked a bit better, the wife still felt it was but ugly.

This coupe with the sloping roof and lack of rear visibility on the corners still does nothing for me. Good Luck to Mini as I do not think this cuts it.

So far, the only MINI variant I do not care for is the 4-door countryman. I am thankful to see a 2-door CUV hit the market. I also like the baby Land Rover 2-door.

Ocnblu I actually do like the 4 door countryman. I can at least sit in a partially reclined position in that car. Otherwise I do not fit in any Mini especially the 2 doors.

Thankfully, I fit in the two door, its a fun car to hon around in.in an auto-X.

I actually Hated the countryman when it came out but I now like it...for someone elses driveway....

LOL, Guess we can always say auto's we dislike are better in someone elses driveway! :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      BMW Group U.S. Reports May 2018 Sales
      MW Group sales increase 3.4 percent in May 2018. BMW brand sales increase 3.3 percent. MINI brand sales increase 4.0 percent. BMW Group electrified vehicle sales increase 26.9 percent, accounting for 6.6 percent of total U.S. sales in May 2018. Woodcliff Lake, NJ – June 1, 2018… Sales of BMW Group vehicles in the U.S. increased 3.4 percent in May 2018 for a total of 30,888 vehicles (BMW and MINI brands combined), compared with 29,881 vehicles sold in the same month a year ago. Year-to-date BMW Group sales in the U.S. are up 3.3 percent from the first five months of 2017.
      “Once again BMW has defied the odds with seven straight months of sales gains and the outlook for the second half of the year is positive,” said Bernhard Kuhnt, President and CEO, BMW of North America. “Our X model Sports Activity Vehicles continue their steady increase as availability improves and the BMW 5 Series is proof there’s strong demand for a great sedan, especially the electrified version which is now approaching 20% of 5 Series sales.”
      BMW Brand Sales
      Sales of BMW brand vehicles increased 3.3 percent in May 2018 for a total of 26,662 compared to 25,818 vehicles sold in May 2017. Year-to-date, the BMW brand is up 3.2 percent on sales of 123,979 vehicles compared to 120,124 sold in the first five months of 2017.
      BMW’s lineup of Sports Activity Vehicles accounted for 52 percent of BMW brand sales in May 2018, with particularly strong performances from the BMW X3 and BMW X5, as well as the first-ever BMW X2.
      MINI Brand Sales
      For May, MINI USA reported 4,226 vehicles sold, an increase of 4.0 percent from the 4,063 sold in the same month a year ago. The MINI Countryman continued its strong performance this month, rising 29.4 percent compared to May 2017 and contributing to a 61.9 percent year-to-date increase over Countryman sales in the first five months of 2017.
      BMW Group Electrified Vehicle Sales
      BMW Group in the U.S. (BMW and MINI combined) sales of electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles totaled 2,046 in May 2018, an increase of 26.9 percent from the 1,612 sold in the same month a year ago. BMW Group electrified vehicles accounted for 6.6 percent of U.S. sales in May 2018.
      BMW Group currently offers seven electrified models in the U.S., including the BMW i3, BMW i8, BMW 330e, BMW 530e, BMW 740e, BMW X5 xDrive 40e and MINI Countryman plug-in-hybrid electric vehicle.

• By William Maley
      The lengths that automakers go to with camouflaging vehicles continues to amaze us. Case in point, the first spy photos of the next-generation Chevrolet Suburban has hit the internet. General Motors has covered up every surface, including the underside. That's because the new Suburban appears to be ditching the solid rear axle for an independent setup. We know this as a spy photographer found the right spot where there was minimal camouflage and captured it.
      Why is Chevrolet switching to an IRS setup? It might have to do with the new Ford Expedition which moved to independent rear suspension. A source told Autoblog that Chevrolet wouldn't have fit IRS because it was expensive, but plans changed when the Expedition made a big splash with it. Of course, IRS could have been in the cards for some time. Nevertheless, this setup will help improve ride quality significantly.
      Engines are expected to mirror the new Silverado, which might include the new turbocharged 2.7 four-cylinder.
      Source: Autoblog, CarScoops

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The lengths that automakers go to with camouflaging vehicles continues to amaze us. Case in point, the first spy photos of the next-generation Chevrolet Suburban has hit the internet. General Motors has covered up every surface, including the underside. That's because the new Suburban appears to be ditching the solid rear axle for an independent setup. We know this as a spy photographer found the right spot where there was minimal camouflage and captured it.
      Why is Chevrolet switching to an IRS setup? It might have to do with the new Ford Expedition which moved to independent rear suspension. A source told Autoblog that Chevrolet wouldn't have fit IRS because it was expensive, but plans changed when the Expedition made a big splash with it. Of course, IRS could have been in the cards for some time. Nevertheless, this setup will help improve ride quality significantly.
      Engines are expected to mirror the new Silverado, which might include the new turbocharged 2.7 four-cylinder.
      Source: Autoblog, CarScoops
    • By William Maley
      The Escape is an important model for Ford. Last year, the company moved 308,296 Escapes off dealer lots. But with the announcement last week that Ford will be focusing more on trucks and utility models in the coming years, the Escape will be playing a bigger role.
      Car and Driver obtained the first spy shots of the next-generation Escape, expected sometime next year as 2020 model. Due to the extensive use of camouflage on the mule, we can't tell much about the design. We're guessing the front end might look similar to the EcoSport partly due to the flat shape. The lone shot of the interior reveals an interior layout similar to the EcoSport and Focus with the infotainment system sitting on top of the center stack.
      The next-generation Escape is expected to move from the C1 platform to yet, an unnamed global platform that underpins the next Focus. This will address two shortcomings of the current Escape - poor crash test scores and not being able to fit a hybrid/plug-in hybrid powertrain.
      Powertrains are expected to include the 1.5 and 2.0 EcoBoost four-cylinders, and a hybrid powertrain. We wouldn't be surprised if a plug-in is also available.
      Source: Car and Driver

View full article
    • By William Maley
      The Escape is an important model for Ford. Last year, the company moved 308,296 Escapes off dealer lots. But with the announcement last week that Ford will be focusing more on trucks and utility models in the coming years, the Escape will be playing a bigger role.
      Car and Driver obtained the first spy shots of the next-generation Escape, expected sometime next year as 2020 model. Due to the extensive use of camouflage on the mule, we can't tell much about the design. We're guessing the front end might look similar to the EcoSport partly due to the flat shape. The lone shot of the interior reveals an interior layout similar to the EcoSport and Focus with the infotainment system sitting on top of the center stack.
      The next-generation Escape is expected to move from the C1 platform to yet, an unnamed global platform that underpins the next Focus. This will address two shortcomings of the current Escape - poor crash test scores and not being able to fit a hybrid/plug-in hybrid powertrain.
      Powertrains are expected to include the 1.5 and 2.0 EcoBoost four-cylinders, and a hybrid powertrain. We wouldn't be surprised if a plug-in is also available.
      Source: Car and Driver
  • My Clubs