Taking the '12 Beetle to the Track!

Volkswagen and I have teamed up to show how much drivers can learn from autocrossing. In a multi-part series, I'll be showcasing what racing around a parking lot can teach regular drivers that they can use everyday. And, as a side benefit, I'm learning just how much fun the new Beetle is on the track!

Post what you think here!

http://automotivetraveler.com/jump/4137

154584_10150972735814396_1298300147_n.jpg

Sounds like fun. Local dealer has a nice base model right now in "Moonrock Silver", a color I had not seen before yesterday. Too bad it was not a manual.

Autocrossing must be a blast. One of these days I'd like to try it, cones be darned.

Have fun, I'll be doing the same thing this next Sunday.

Last time I had the Miata turning faster times than a couple of Cobras....

Bug would be fun to auto-X, although like the GTI it is a nose heavy car.

FWD is fun to autocross, its easier to be smooth.

Oh, and as an avid SCCA/Buckeye Miata Club/Porsche Club of America Autocrosser....

You have some damned fine driving there sir, with some really cool, smooth moments behind the wheel!

My hat is off to you sir!

Just remember if you don't get the car sideways once in awhile, or eventually loose control, your not going fast enough/having enough fun. Racing is about finding the limit, and you can never find it unless you exceed it once in awhile.

Watched the video through again...your really starting to get it on the final run.

EXCELLENT!

Oh, and as an avid SCCA/Buckeye Miata Club/Porsche Club of America Autocrosser....

You have some damned fine driving there sir, with some really cool, smooth moments behind the wheel!

My hat is off to you sir!

Just remember if you don't get the car sideways once in awhile, or eventually loose control, your not going fast enough/having enough fun. Racing is about finding the limit, and you can never find it unless you exceed it once in awhile.

Watched the video through again...your really starting to get it on the final run.

EXCELLENT!

The tires were getting loose at the end. Getting the car sideways wasn't too hard after seven runs. Everyone knew when I was on the track from the sound of the tires SCREAMING!

Next race is in a few weeks...anyone around, please come by!

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could be there. Not going to be in action again myself until the end of the month, Dayton Corvette Group is racing over at Kil Kare, and we are probably going over.

http://www.corvette-troy.com/SpeedEvent_12_July.htm