Edmunds Inside Line: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado Spy Video

Source: http://www.insidelin..._ss_627121.html

*Watch the video at the link above.

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Spy Video

By Edmunds Video Productions | Published June 28, 2012

1:7 min

Caught during some high altitude testing in Colorado recently, these test mules show that Chevy is sticking with its current formula when it comes to the overall design and size of its best-selling Silverado pick up.

While the title states "Chevrolet Silverado", what you see mostly in the video is the next GMC Sierra:

2014Sierra1.png

2014Sierra2png.png

Based on those two photos I've posted above, I'm not getting a 2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain HD Concept vibe in that front end:

2011-gmc-sierra-all-terrain-hd-concept-front-view.jpg

Nor am I getting a 2013 GMC Acadia vibe in that front end:

2013-GMC-Acadia-front-view-623x389.jpg

And I would say that from the two pictures I posted above that there's going to be a large chrome piece mounted at the top of the grille, a'la GMC Terrain, based on the mounting holes visible:

2010-GMC-Terrain-Front-View-500x333.jpg

A couple of loose thoughts:

1) Is Chevy moving to the "phantom crossbar" on the trucks too? If so this could still be a Silverado

2) This is most likely an HD-spec truck, whatever it is.I base that on the wheelwhell gap (I could fit my head in there) and the tall mirrors. The grille that's on it might be different from its 1500 siblings.

3) Though there's a fair amount of padding on top of the hood, it looks to be a pretty tall, upright front. I still stand by my statement that there's some GMT-400 in this.

4) Side sculpting, from what the camo shows, looks fairly similar to the current Silverado.

4) The turn signals blink a little too fast, like someone used LED tails with a flasher designed for incandescents. Either way, LED tails are part of the picture.

2014Sierra1.png

6-lugs can be seen on the rims, and they are aluminum rims that look too light for HD usage. If you look at the grille close enough you can see the "G" and the "C" part where the emblem will mount. GM is infamous for it's large wheelwell openings, and they've been using carryover trailering mirrors on all of these trucks so far (all past sightings have shown the trailering mirrors). Those are definitely the 1500, or 1/2 ton, models.

PickupTrucks.com just placed a new post with some shots of the HD models: http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/07/spied-heavier-duty-silverado-caught-testing.html

All well and good, but not enough to really get excited about yet. Clearly they are doing a good job at keeping it under wraps as you cannot really grasp the front end, I suspect the headlights and tail lights are dummy units for now and not the official thing.