PickupTrucks.com: World Exclusive (Sort of)! 2013 Ram 1500 R/T Exposed

GMTruckGuy74

World Exclusive (Sort of)! 2013 Ram 1500 R/T Exposed

Posted by Mark Williams | July 13, 2012

There has been plenty of speculation about the full lineup of new Ram 1500 set to debut later next month to journalists, but we've never seen one of these in the press kits.

Officially, it doesn't exist, but unofficially, we saw a new 2013 Ram 1500 R/T sitting off by itself in the executive parking lot during a daylong media event at the Chrysler Proving Grounds just outside Chelsea, Mich. We didn't get to look at it for very long, but with the Mopar hood and 22-inch rims, what we saw of the Regular Cab (with the new, longer RamBox) looked pretty good.

Based on the rear axle, exhaust size and the actual sound of the truck when a few engineers fired it up to make a smooth getaway, we assumed it had a normal, unmodified Hemi under the hood, and certainly it did not have a larger (say, of the 6.4-liter variety) V-8.

We expect to hear more about this truck in the near future.

*See pictures at the source.

Link: http://news.pickuptr...rt-exposed.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Personally, I'd like to see GM offer two distinct flavors of hot rodded pickups with the new '14 Sierra and Silverado to compete with the RAM 1500 R/T. A more performance themed Silverado (a'la Camaro/Corvette), and something in the veins of the Syclone/Typhoon-but-part-Denali with the Sierra. 2WD, V8 performance, RWD (if wanted, make AWD an option), offered in all cab configurations, and customizable options (aka - not fully loaded). I could see the Sierra not being offered and this being a Silverado-only model, but I think the General needs to offer a sport model to their truck fans :AH-HA:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I like the 08-12 grille better, but that's hot.

I agree with you Roger. A Chevy/GMC equivalent to the Ram Express would satisfy a lot of people including myself.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

The GMT 900s were rushed into market and not updated/enhanced with packages due to economic conditions. Basically they are neglected children of GM at this point of time. I hope GM brings some mojo back in the trucks. Other than the HD with Duramax, there is nothing to brag about in GM trucks.