It Just Works

Until it doesn't. When Apple launched iOS6 it booted Google Maps from the OS and replaced it with Apple's Homegrown Maps app, which is pretty terrible. How bad you ask?

tumblr_maous44KJq1rhptwbo1_1280.jpg

apple-maps-ios-6-google-maps.jpg

Map detail google iOs 5 vs iMaps iOs 6:

2012263-google-maps-ios5-505b0e261e73d.jpg

2012263-apple-maps-ios6-505b0e31a8b35.jpg

tumblr_mao86oNp1Y1rhptwbo1_1280.png

To name a few. There's an entire tumblr site dedicated to these glitches.

What Apple has done is removed Google Maps and replaced it with something far worse. And there's not an app for that. If it necessarily delays the approval for Google Maps for iOS6 it will be sending a clear message to its customers that it's no longer interesting in providing them with the best possible user experience.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep using my Android phone, because it just works (better).

All of my coworkers updated their 4S phones to io6 last week...and have been grousing about it...a couple of them even stood in line Friday for hours to get their iPhone 5s....

On the other hand, we all updated our Mac Book Pros to Mountain Lion a couple weeks ago, so far, no problems.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

What I find so funny about this whole debacle is that Apple fans don't want to simply go out an get a different NAV app. My phone came with Google Maps, but I only ever use that for public transit directions (for which Google is unsurpassed), but for driving, I use either TeleNav or OpenNAV. GoogleMaps isn't the end all be all of navigation either, there are other options out there. Apple fans, you claim to have the largest App ecosystem... quit whining and go download something else.

But those cost money. After buying the new iPhone and paying $65 a month for a plan, how's a creative barista earning 5 bucks an hour supposed to spend even more to get a $49.99 nav app?

The better question is asking why Apple fans are happy to be abused again and again by the company they love so much.

Edited by Pervez Musharrfap