Great car show today

Camino LS6

The HCCP grand finale show is today at Delaware County Community College in Media, PA.

This is a huge event with cars from the brass era to today, and is laid out in tiered parking lots that are divided into categories. If you are within striking distance, you ought to make the trip. It is usually 700+ cars, and features a flea market.

I'll be going at some point during the day. The event runs from now (10 AM) until about 3PM.

I've already been seeing the classics cruising RT 252 on their way to the show.

I hope some of you caught this show - lots of amazing stuff there (though the turnout was oddly low for such a nice day).

Two real highlights were a '53 Buick Woody wagon that was simply stunning, and a very stealthy '64 Studebaker Avanti with a host of hidden performance mods - very cool!

Some others:

At least 3 8-bolt fullsize Pontiacs

A perfect '57 Ranchero

A pristine '87 Chevy truck (spotless, yet a daily driver)

A 454-powered '53 Buick Convertible ( total stealth)

A 348 Tri-power '58 Impala all in black

An unrestored 1930/31 Rolls survivor being shown by the man who bought it in 1960!

Tons more

Last time I went to a car show was last weekend...about the first one I've gone to in about two years...busy with racing, family, and avidly doing a lot of reading lately.

Car show was in Hendersonville, NC...my 71 year old mother dragged me to the show, as she is as much ofr a car nut as I am, of all things....

Featured...a real Shelby Cobra and a Real GT-40...

3 65 GTO's...all maroon...all post cars...one a tri power 4 sp[eed sweet resto, one an old school 70's ho9t rod, and one a neat original 4 barrael 4 speed survivor car with lots of patina.

New car dealers also had their stuff at the show....and the ATS had a crowd around it all of the time. Sonic was very well recieved...LOTS of positive comments on it. Showed my mother a Verano, asa dad is thinking of getting rid of his Toyota Highlander...she loved it.

Star of the show was a 62 Buick convertible IMHO...just stunning...

And the nicest Chevy Cameo I've ever seen, in turqoise, with a V8...was there...and also a very sweet 51 Foprd F1 wqith a flathead and lots of vintage patina...

Always wanted a '65 GTO "post coupe" with a 3-speed manual tranny. I have weird tastes, no doubt.

Cousin of mine bought a 1970 Pontiac GT-37. It came with a 400 V8 and 3-speed manual. The clutch on that thing was burlier than the one in my old 1953 FWD dump truck (powered by an inline 6-71 Detroit Diesel).