Next Generation Silverado to Debut in December

Source: Chevrolet

Next Generation Silverado to Debut in December

2012-10-22

DETROIT – Chevrolet will take the wraps off the all-new Silverado 1500 full-size pickup on Dec. 13 at a special event in the Detroit area. The bold exterior design of the new Silverado reflects the enhanced capabilities of the truck while features such as jewel-like, projector beam headlamps showcase the careful attention given to every detail.

The new Silverado will be on public display for the first time at the 2013 North American International Auto Show in January, and will start production next year.

Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

post-418-0-27079100-1350935068_thumb.jpg

Source: Automobile

Chevrolet has released the first teaser photo of its all-new 2014 Silverado pickup truck, and confirmed that the new vehicle will be revealed in Detroit on December 13. After the reveal, Chevrolet will show the 2014 Silverado publicly at the Detroit auto show in January.

Although Chevrolet promises the 2014 Silverado will have a “bold exterior design,” this teaser image merely shows the truck’s new projector-style headlight. Surrounded by chrome trim and adjacent to a chrome grille, the headlight has several circular reflective elements with the headlight at their center.The new pickup truck is said to have “enhanced capabilities” compared to the current Chevrolet Silverado, yet we won’t know exactly what that entails until the new model debuts in December.

Chevrolet previously teased a camouflaged test mule of the 2014 Silverado towing, and another of the truck at the General Motors proving grounds, and ourown spy photographers have also caught glimpses of the new pickup truck’s interior and exterior. The new Silverado continues to have a big, blocky front end with a large grille and giant bowtie badge, but a new lower air dam will help improve aerodynamics for better fuel economy. The doors and body panels seem mostly flat and devoid of interesting creases.

On the inside, the 2014 Silverado will use an unusual center-stack design with rounded corners, a row of fat toggle switches, chunky controls, and a version of the Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system. Our spy shots also revealed buttons for high-tech options like power-adjustable pedals, lane-keep assist, and parking sensors. There are also suggestions that Chevrolet could make the 2014 Silverado available in an upmarket “High Country” luxury trim level. It would compete with the likes of the Ford F-150 Limited and the Ram Laramie Longhorn.

Beneath the new duds, expect Chevrolet to build much of the 2014 Silverado from lightweight magnesium and aluminum. Trimming weight will be an essential element to improving the big truck’s fuel economy. General Motors’ next-generation, direct-injected small-block V-8 engine also will help, as the new mill should be considerably more efficient than the Silverado’s current engine lineup.

Chevrolet has already been hard at work retooling plants in Mexico, Texas, and Michigan to build the new 2014 Silverado. The pickup will go on sale next year after its public appearance at the Detroit show. Expect several more teaser photos to emerge between now and the truck’s full reveal on December 13.

Source: Chevrolet

Read more: http://rumors.automo.../#ixzz2A3fM4XkP

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

I wish, ocnblu!! That's all GM/Chevrolet want us to see at this time. I was hoping GMC News would have a similar article about the Sierra with its headlight, but nothing so far.

So Oldsmoboi, about this special debut event. Is a member of CheersandGears attending? If not, want to send someone to cover this event if you get an invite from GM? :AH-HA:

The headlight seems weird to me, reminds me of the ugly headlights on the Fords. I really hope I like one of the versions GM puts out. Right now I really like the GMC look of the truck over the Chevy. Be interesting to see how they differentiate them this time.

This design is horrible and looks too old ands uses too new looking head lamps. This tells me the interior is going to suck too. I just posted that to get it out of the way before one of the Foil Hat people go off the deep end.

To be honest this photo gives me some hope as I have not expect much of a nose change based on the body shape. But from what is seen here it looks like they will make the nose look much more expensive at least on the higher end trucks with the better lights. I now expect we will get a better detailed grill to go with this.

I am a little more excited now.

It will be intersting to see what we get now. We should see the engine in a couple days and that will be very telling.

Hmmm...I wonder if those are going to be single round lights...(or maybe stacked like the rectangular units on the current Silvy?). I like the quad round lights on the current Tahoe/Suburban...4 lights always look better than 2 on a large vehicle, IMO.