A Battle Plan

So, despite previous worries that the Astra wasn't going to hold up, it seems it may be here to stay for a while. At the moment, it's still having random issues with the fuel gauge and range readouts going out of synch (further investigation doesn't point to a weak fuel pump, but rather issues with the CANBUS controller), but otherwise it hasn't stalled or quit since having the camshaft sensors replaced.

I realized some time ago that I didn't want to spend much money on the car, however there are "attention" areas that I'm going to deal with in the near future on the car. First, I've realized driving a car like the Astra makes it an absolute hell to drive at night when someone in a larger and taller vehicle is behind you, especially when the driver of the bigger vehicle wants to constantly drive around with their high beams and/or fog lights blazing. A rich, deep window tint is a must in order to make the car habitable in such conditions. Second, the factory rims are starting to show their age and the front tires have finally begun to wear out, so a few replacements here are a must. Finally, the factory stereo's lack of iPhone/iPod connectivity is highly annoying, so I'll be researching an inexpensive solution.

In the end, we're taking about a small amount of money here.

I'm also planning another build for the immediate future as well.

1974Camaro.jpg

Stay tuned.

Edited by black-knight

Nope.

The rest of the story should flesh itself out once I have a better understanding of what will be involved. I don't want to say much more beyond that other than I'm fleshing out ideas for another project beyond sprucing up the Astra and it may involve a second-gen Camaro.

Nope.

The rest of the story should flesh itself out once I have a better understanding of what will be involved. I don't want to say much more beyond that other than I'm fleshing out ideas for another project beyond sprucing up the Astra and it may involve a second-gen Camaro.

Sounds Cool! :deathwatch: