DW Tundra - The end of Toyota as we know it?

avant1963

If you would have asked me 15 years ago if Darrell Waltrip's signature would adorn the side of a Toyota truck, I would have laughed.

And today I still laugh, and then cry for the shell of a sport that NASCAR has become. I can only pray that GM is the domestic manufacturer pulling out of the craptacular crapfest known as NASCAR. (and this from someone who has grown up with NASCAR, and now say RIP 2006)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can't wait 'till the DW edition of the Camry next year!

http://www.toyota.com/tundra/dw.html

more arrogance and greed.

i just wonder if this sort of pr will help the tundra or not. esp since waltrips almost legendary in the sport. and seems to have cheesed off many with this deal.

and toyota...tsk tsk. arrogance run amok. they must think its so easy to just have americans rolling over like 3 dollar whores. just because dw did doesnt mean the rest of the silverado and f-150 buying public will too.

i see more harm in this one than good in this one.

nevermind the DW edition; that is one awfully-dated truck- looks like a korean rip-off of the '97 F-150. I'm sure the toyota loyalists are going Pavlovian all over it anyway...

Well, Toyota executives themselves admitted that the Tundra and the Sequoia were benchmarked against the F150 and the Expedition respectively. So no surprise with the design. But you are right the truck does look dated although I dont think it qualifies as ugly.

I can only pray that GM is the domestic manufacturer pulling out of the craptacular crapfest known as NASCAR. (and this from someone who has grown up with NASCAR, and now say RIP 2006)

I think if NASCAR wasn't deceased 10 years ago, they were atleast on their deathbed. I don't know why more people didn't see NASCAR as marketing tool and not a sport earlier.

I haven't followed NASCAR since the 1980s.