Neat Stepside

Both fenders are showing rust at the wheel lips, and I do believe I see at least one rocker rusting out (passenger side). The bed corners are rusty at the tailgate chains. Brown makes it hard to see, need better pictures.

Plus I have never seen a fade style secondary paint job like this from the factory. Not saying I know about all the factory packages, but during the juncture in time that this truck was built, there were quite a few conversion companies in business, doing this type of thing.

Still, it is a sweet little truck. I was a fan of these.

Edited by ocnblu

Your eyes are better than mine, Bill. I can see some very small spots of something on the fender lips, and a spot on one of the doors that doesn't look right, but most of these are a rusty horror and that doesn't apply with this one. Bigger pics would surely help.

As for the paint, you might be right that an upfitter did this, but I remember lots of these sitting on lots as new vehicles with this paint style.

Does the fender ID emblem say "Custom Deluxe 10"? If yes, then this is the bottom of the trim line. Being that it has the single headlight set-up leads me to believe that this truck is a C/D. Not that that is totally bad, but bottom of the barrell doesn't mean it will fetch a high dollar amount (compared to a Scottsdale or Silverado trim model).

As a fan of these types of trucks I'm not really interested in this one (pass).

WOW, this takes me back in time when I would hang out with my friends, cruise down to Lake Washington with everyone in the bed and enjoy the summer weather. Too bad people are not willing to take accountability for their actions so that stupid politicians have to make laws that say it is illegal to ride in the bed now. Talk about buzz killers today.

Nice truck, I too see the rust that OcnBlu is talking about and would pass on this one.