Gas Price Soar Nationwide

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/...175.A10334.html

So, we can blame the damn Chinese for helping to jack up prices. On top of that our useless goverment isn't doinga thing to keep the prices in check, and Bush is just making excuses that what he is doing is better than what needs to be done. If nothing else, I'm glad I own a fuel efficient Shadow ^_^

Let's see...a president and vice president who worked for (or in the case of the veep, still generates an income from) the oil industry. We have record high prices for gasoline...and huge WEEKLY gains in the price of gas. We have a domestic oil industry that has or will this week announce record or near record profits from the first quarter of 2006. Coincidence?

And $100 is coming to us to help? Really? They think that will help? I spend $100 more than I used to on gas in just two months.

Edited by Hudson

I am just shocked and amazed this hasn't hit the economy yet. If a household used to pay $200 a month in fuel and is now paying $400 a month - at what point do they start giving up vacations, home renovations, new plasma TVs, etc.

Then we will be in for a rough ride!

I am just shocked and amazed this hasn't hit the economy yet.  If a household used to pay $200 a month in fuel and is now paying $400 a month - at what point do they start giving up vacations, home renovations, new plasma TVs, etc.

Then we will be in for a rough ride!

The problem is hidden by cheap interest rates and ever increasing property values. If the high costs are sustained, then the economy will see a big toll as the baby boomer generation starts retiring and generation Y starts entering the workforce in force.

You can blame increased demand in China and India, as well as supply problems in Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, and Venezuela, as well as a weak dollar for high oil prices. The best thing Bush could do is end the war in Iraq; I remember high oil prices because of Desert Storm in 1991, but the prices came down when the war ended. We Americans also need to conserve more.

yeah, i bet bush does too.    :AH-HA_wink:           

i dont remember but i dont think they were quite this high.

I remember paying $1.30/gallon in 1991, which I thought was high. Adjusted for inflation, that would probably be around $2.25 now, I suppose.