Cuda Pictures!

Since Camino LS6 asked, I thought I'd share with everyone some pics (14 total, plus 2 extra) of my family's muscle cars. The first post is for the blue 1969 Barracuda, the 2nd post will be the orange 1979 `Cuda, and the last two are msic images. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very little rust on this car at all. It does run, and was last driven in the fall, although Today I noticed there's large wet spot under the car. It's raining so I'm not sure if it's a leak or not. This Barracuda has a 340 and a manual tranny, it also has factory A/C. There's been a lot of work done to this car over the past few years. The nterior had a lot of work done to it, including the seats being reupholstered, and the carpet being replaced. Work was done to the egine aswell, including a rebuilt carburator.

Now the 1970 `Cuda

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This car hasn't been used in years, and need s a lot more work than the `69 did. Last year it did start, though it has yet to be started this year. As you can see from the hockey puck decal, it's a 340 aswell. It was once swapped for a hemi, but the 340 was later returned to it. It has no A/C, thought it does have an automatic. It has power steering aswell, which it didn't originally have. It's been sitting in the same place for a years, and needs a lot of work. Over time junk got piled on it, but not heavy stuff. I love this car, much more than the `69, but a lack of money has prevented it from getting attention (that andthe `69 was the focus first).

Although Chrysler's '70-and-up ponycars are much more coveted today, I always liked the '69 Barracuda.

Are you kidding me? Look at the interior - poor build quality, bland material choices, hard dash plastics. Nothing like an Altima. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? Look at the interior - poor build quality, bland material choices, hard dash plastics. Nothing like an Altima. :rolleyes:

Actually, most of that is metal...not plastic. The plastic is mainly the "chrome" trim, which has since faded. (Referencing the `69)

The 70 has a bit more hard plastic on the lower dash, but more of it is metal. The doors are hard plastic though.

Edited by Dodgefan

Very cool pair of Mopars there,Dodge. The '69 is quite nicely optioned and the wheels look great on it. The '70 is, well, a '70. Cool no matter the options and drivetrain. Thanks for posting the pics, now clean all that crap of the 'Cuda. :AH-HA_wink:

I'd love to see these cars fully restored and they both look pretty good to start with. Enjoy the project.

Very cool pair of Mopars there,Dodge. The '69 is quite nicely optioned and the wheels look great on it. The '70 is, well, a '70. Cool no matter the options and drivetrain. Thanks for posting the pics, now clean all that crap of the 'Cuda.  :AH-HA_wink:

I'd love to see these cars fully restored and they both look pretty good to start with. Enjoy the project.

The wheels on the `70 aren't the ones that belong on it, those are stored in the basement. This summer when school is over I'll at least clean them out. Repairs will come when I have some moeny and maybe someone to help me fix them ^_^

BTW: I love the underdash FM converter in the '69, I haven't seen one of those in just about forever. :lol:

It works to believe it or not, lol

I love the little wheel controls on the radio.  My mom's '69 Charger SE (gold on gold vinyl interior) had those.

Yeah...see it's possible for the domestics to integrate their stereos :P For the logest time the car went without that radio (it was missing when my dad bought it). Only two years ago did he hunt down one of those. Looks pretty sweet ^_^

Awsome post!!!

I too like the styling and tight proportions of the 1969 better. :D

My favorite 'Cuda has always been the '71. I like how the grille is split up and comes to a point at the center, with recessed dual headlights on either side. I also like the proportions more than the '69. '72 is my second favorite year.

Posted Image