New Look Coming

Multiple users have reported issues with the current skin we are using.  I've opened a ticket with the skin's creator and not had any reply.

If you are having difficulty with the current skin or it isn't rendering in your browser properly* feel free to scroll to the bottom and change your theme to Haze.  This may become the new theme for C&G going forward after I make a few more adjustments.

*Almost all problems are being reported when the user is on a Mac and using Safari.  If you are one of these users, you will almost certainly want to switch to the Haze theme.

Please please please report any issues to me promptly.

Haze is a pretty cool theme, I like it.

I did also test Mobil and had to hunt to change it back, it was a bit weird on a computer.

Thank Drew. :)

That's not supposed to be used on a desktop, so yeah, that would look weird.  The software autodetects if you  are on a phone and switches to that theme as needed.

With the new skin I've noticed that when using the "go to first unread post" feature the page loads and scrolls to the correct post but the header/banner also loads and covers that post.   If I scroll the page the header/banner 'pop-up' goes away (it's still at the top of the page).  Not sure if this is an issue with the new skin itself, but it's not something that happens with the old skin.  I'm using a Mac running OSX and Safari.

With the new skin I've noticed that when using the "go to first unread post" feature the page loads and scrolls to the correct post but the header/banner also loads and covers that post.   If I scroll the page the header/banner 'pop-up' goes away (it's still at the top of the page).  Not sure if this is an issue with the new skin itself, but it's not something that happens with the old skin.  I'm using a Mac running OSX and Safari.

Odd... I've disabled the feature called "sticky header" specifically for that reason.  Maybe the cache needs to be updated.

Do a Shift-Refresh now and see if it changed.  Let me know either way please.

Emptied the cache but the "sticky header" still shows up when reading unread posts.  If I then refresh the page the sticky header appears then immediately goes away.

Do a Shift-Refresh now and see if it changed.  Let me know either way please.

Emptied the cache but the "sticky header" still shows up when reading unread posts.  If I then refresh the page the sticky header appears then immediately goes away.

I meant the server's cache files, but if it is still happening, then it didn't work anyway. 

It took me forever to find the "new content" button, tiny as it is in the top left corner.  Other than that I'm cool.

I had the same problem and was beginning to think it was gone altogether, I don't mind the new look but that was a bit annoying trying to find the new content.

It took me forever to find the "new content" button, tiny as it is in the top left corner.  Other than that I'm cool.

That was one of my issues with this look.

Another is that half the buttons are missing in the text editor when making comments in the articles system. 

Sorry about this guys, I thought it looked good, but there are too many little issues to keep using it.