In honor of days gone past

Well, I have not personally owned any of these rides, would be nice.  Since my dad worked in his dad's paint & body shop, they would get in a lot of totaled cars back in the day.  My dad would bring them home, we'd ride in them, until they got sold.  Gonna have to ask, about these Pontiac's.  Just like the old ads!

I vote for car #1.

=====

Hey, I even see a gold one in the bunch, balthazar. lol

Awesome group of vintage ads!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Don't you remember?" __ Starship __ 'We Built This City'

I know, right!  I, also, like the muted color of the photo's.  Kind of takes you back in time on another level.  But got to admit, the images are a bit of a preconceived stereotype of Americana.  But now that I think about it, today's ads are not much better in some respects.  Trying to sell a way of like.  I say, let the car speak for itself, because we know it can!

^ I dunno; Pontiac advertising in the '60s -specifically for the GP- always pushed an international scene as opposed to an 'American way of life' (whatever that is).
Even if they didn't seem overtly 'european', they showed 'vacation' or exotic locales… not really different than ads in general today (when they show background scenes, as opposed to -say- a nondescript road thru the woods or the desert).

I know, right!  I, also, like the muted color of the photo's.  Kind of takes you back in time on another level.

Agreed!  Which is why I enjoy showcasing ads & other photos on my website. :)

"I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'" __ Mark Wills __ '19 something'

^ I dunno; Pontiac advertising in the '60s -specifically for the GP- always pushed an international scene as opposed to an 'American way of life' (whatever that is).

Even if they didn't seem overtly 'european', they showed 'vacation' or exotic locales… not really different than ads in general today (when they show background scenes, as opposed to -say- a nondescript road thru the woods or the desert).

Interesting observation.  I guess my preconceived notion of Americana  kind of follows a Webster dictionary exert, "things produced in the U.S. and thought to be typical of the U.S. or its culture"  I guess the key word here is "thought".  Your point about the vacations and exotic locations is something I missed, as far as, the European angle.  It certainly was aiming for being or reaching for a certain class in life.  It was Keeping up with Jone's, for sure, or longing  to be the Jone's.

I know, right!  I, also, like the muted color of the photo's.  Kind of takes you back in time on another level.

Agreed!  Which is why I enjoy showcasing ads & other photos on my website. :)

"I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'" __ Mark Wills __ '19 something'

Oh, good for you.  Sure you have fun with your site.  It is cool, when you spot an old car on the road or catch a old advertisement to compare to today's ads and vehicle on the road.