Watch a 300-HP Kawasaki H2R Race a Veyron, McLaren 12C, 1350-HP GT-R

Watch a 300-HP Kawasaki H2R Race a Veyron, McLaren 12C, 1350-HP GT-R

"Although the 2015 Kawasaki H2R is a track-only offering, the crew over at Super Street were eager to find out how well the supercharged sport bike would fare against three supercars including the McLaren MP4-12C, a 1200-hp Bugatti Veyron, and SP Engineering’s 1350-hp Nissan GT-R.

Powered by a supercharged 998-cc inline-four cylinder engine, the 476-pound 2015 Kawasaki H2R makes a claimed 300 hp. With the engine and centrifugal supercharger designed together in-house, Kawasaki claims an intercooler isn’t needed to keep air inlet temperatures in check.A half-mile roll race at Minter Airfield in Shafter, Calif., between the world’s fastest production hyperbike and the three supercars was set up. Each race began from a 50-mph roll to the end of the quarter-mile, with a radar gun used to measure trap speed. ... "

http://wot.motortrend.com/1505_watch_kawasaki_h2r_race_a_veyron_mclaren_12c_1350_hp_gt_r.html#ixzz3asG4sadm

I'm not sure how many of you guys are 'bike guys' as well but the new Kawi is one bad bike. And I know you all have an appreciation for speed! I hope you guys enjoy!

Expected more than 200mph in a half mile??? lol

I'd like to see how the street version runs next to these cars. I don't think it would stand a chance against the Veyron. I'm pretty sure it is "only" 200hp but I think it would hold its own to the McLaren.

I grew up riding dirt bikes, and I still don't like them. They look cool, but unless your riding them balls out, they're more of a chore than anything. I like upright naked bikes like the R-Nine-T, new Ducati Scrambler, etc.

I'm a naked sports bike guy myself. I absolutely love the look and riding position. They look tough. I'm more a fan of the Triumph Street triple/Speed Triple, Ducati Streetfighter 848..  I'll have another one one day.. Till then I'll dick around on my scooter! Yeah, I own a scooter. :)

I have a bike, but it is going to take a lot of time/work to make it go, and then I need to actually learn how to ride.  It's one of those things I've always meant to get around to and just haven't.  I'll have to get some more details about it, because I know basically nothing.  It was the bike my dad got his first motorcycle license with, and it sat in storage for years and he said if I wanted it I could have it.  I very excitedly said yes, and now it has still been sitting for more years.  Now that he's (semi) retired I keep thinking maybe he and I can manage to find some time to work on it together and I can learn something.  I wish i could see this video at the moment, but alas it is not to be at work.  It sounds like an awesome matchup, though.

I have a bike, but it is going to take a lot of time/work to make it go, and then I need to actually learn how to ride.  It's one of those things I've always meant to get around to and just haven't.  I'll have to get some more details about it, because I know basically nothing.  It was the bike my dad got his first motorcycle license with, and it sat in storage for years and he said if I wanted it I could have it.  I very excitedly said yes, and now it has still been sitting for more years.  Now that he's (semi) retired I keep thinking maybe he and I can manage to find some time to work on it together and I can learn something.  I wish i could see this video at the moment, but alas it is not to be at work.  It sounds like an awesome matchup, though.

Take a class. I very highly suggest taking a class. I took one when I was 16 with my dad(he knew how to ride but wanted me to learn). It was a great learning experience.

There are beginner classes around here that are only 20 bucks and you get it back after the class or you can donate it to help continue to fund the classes because the instructors are volunteers. Mine was a little 3 day class, friday evening for a couple hours in a classroom. Then satuday we split the day half room, half on bikes. Sunday the same and then we took a test at the end. If you pass you just wait for the paper in the mail and get your license at the DMV(no testing there because you passed) and you get to check the box fr your insurance company that you took a safety class.

Take a class. I very highly suggest taking a class. I took one when I was 16 with my dad(he knew how to ride but wanted me to learn). It was a great learning experience.

There are beginner classes around here that are only 20 bucks and you get it back after the class or you can donate it to help continue to fund the classes because the instructors are volunteers. Mine was a little 3 day class, friday evening for a couple hours in a classroom. Then satuday we split the day half room, half on bikes. Sunday the same and then we took a test at the end. If you pass you just wait for the paper in the mail and get your license at the DMV(no testing there because you passed) and you get to check the box fr your insurance company that you took a safety class.

I probably will do that if/when I get to that point.  First thing first though is to get that bike back in working order, if it turns out to even be worth it.  I don't even know what all for sure would need fixed on it (possibly everything as old as it is).  What I know is it wasn't working when he put it into storage and that was somewhere in the 30+ years ago range.

If it was anything like my dad old bike he brought back after a 15 year hiatus it really wasn't worth the money. The most expensive part was actually the front forks. The pitted over the years and there's no way of fixing them or replacing the seals because the tiny pits just reripped the seals. It actually scared the F out of my once because randomly they acted really funny(because they don't have the same amount of oil, pressure) and I got a really nasty tank slapped at like 60mph for no reason. After that I was done with it.

But that kind of thing is definitely fun to tinker around with. Old bikes just don't have the parts availability that cars do so they tend to be kindof expensive for stupid things.

If it was anything like my dad old bike he brought back after a 15 year hiatus it really wasn't worth the money. The most expensive part was actually the front forks. The pitted over the years and there's no way of fixing them or replacing the seals because the tiny pits just reripped the seals. It actually scared the F out of my once because randomly they acted really funny(because they don't have the same amount of oil, pressure) and I got a really nasty tank slapped at like 60mph for no reason. After that I was done with it.

But that kind of thing is definitely fun to tinker around with. Old bikes just don't have the parts availability that cars do so they tend to be kindof expensive for stupid things.

That is very possible, I haven't looked into it too seriously yet, as there just isn't any extra money right now.  On the flip side, it may cost more than it's worth, but it may be something I can do bit by bit as time and money allow, a part or two here or there, where I definitely can't afford to just go buy a new bike, even if I financed it at the moment.