Lucerne Recall?

I went to the dealership last week to have the left front door check replaced on my 2006 Buick Lucerne which came cracked.

While there I mentioned a problem I noticed especially prominent in city driving. When turning (especially to the left) I could feel something like a gear slipping. This was very hard to describe but felt pronounced in the steering wheel but no sound involved.

When I left they told me there would probably be a recall on this when the problem was corrected.

The service sheet said:

BULLETIN #06-02-35-009 STATES NOT TO REPLACE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT OR STEERING GEAR. PERFORMED STEPS 1 - 5 AS PER BULLETIN. UNABLE TO REACH ENGINEERING AS IN STEP 6. ENGINEERING IS WORKING ON THIS CONCERN. TEMPORARY FIX PART NUMBER 12355066 - STRAP, NYL

No Change In Problem ...

ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? :ohyeah:

OMG no! Please tell me GM isn't still having f...ing problems with that stupid ass intermediate steering shaft! This is going on what 10 years and still not resolved. My parents have a 2001 Bonneville that GM tells them there is no parts available to fix this issue as of now and that a totally new updated shaft has to be installed. This TSB has been updated many times and it was apparent that all fixes up to this point were just bandaids to get people out of warrenty.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read about it a couple times on the internet but I haven't had any cars come back with that complaint yet and we've sold about 85 Lucernes since they launched...About the only problem I've had in the 3 lucernes I've had the driver's door would squeak when you pulled it shut.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the dealership last week to have the left front door check replaced on my 2006 Buick Lucerne which came cracked.

While there I mentioned a problem I noticed especially prominent in city driving.  When turning (especially to the left) I could feel something like a gear slipping.  This was very hard to describe but felt pronounced in the steering wheel but no sound involved.

When I left they told me there would probably be a recall on this when the problem was corrected.

The service sheet said:

BULLETIN #06-02-35-009 STATES NOT TO REPLACE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT OR STEERING GEAR.  PERFORMED STEPS 1 - 5 AS PER BULLETIN.  UNABLE TO REACH ENGINEERING AS IN STEP 6.  ENGINEERING IS WORKING ON THIS CONCERN.  TEMPORARY FIX PART NUMBER 12355066 - STRAP, NYL

No Change In Problem ...

ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?  :ohyeah:

While there I mentioned a problem I noticed especially prominent in city driving.  When turning (especially to the left) I could feel something like a gear slipping.  This was very hard to describe but felt pronounced in the steering wheel but no sound involved.

The service sheet said:

BULLETIN #06-02-35-009 STATES NOT TO REPLACE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT OR STEERING GEAR.  PERFORMED STEPS 1 - 5 AS PER BULLETIN.  UNABLE TO REACH ENGINEERING AS IN STEP 6.  ENGINEERING IS WORKING ON THIS CONCERN.  TEMPORARY FIX PART NUMBER 12355066 - STRAP, NYL

No Change In Problem ...

ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?  :ohyeah:

AFTER REPORTING THIS PROBLEM TO BUICK FIVE (5) TIMES, THEY FINALLY GOT THE DEALER TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO REPAIR THIS DEFECT. THIS IS A DIRECT QUOTE FROM REPAIR SHEET:

DIAGNOSE AS PER ENGINEER INSTRUCTIONS (TINA SCRIMPSCHER) REMOVE STEERING COLUMN AND INSPECT HARD PLASTIC BOOT AT END OF STEERING COLUMN. IF OK REPLACE INTERMEDIATE STEERING SHAFT. BOOT IS OK, HAS NO DENTS AND DOES NOT CONTACT STEERING SHAFT. REPLACE INTERMEDIATE STEERING SHAFT. THUMPING IS NOW GONE. RETURN ORIGINAL SHAFT TO VEHICLE AS INSTRUCTED BY ENGINEERING AND THUMPING DID NOT RETURN.

THANKS JOHN SHEPHERD FOR YOUR HELP IN THIS DEFECT........