GM News: Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon Diesels To Be Further Scrutinized

Personally I have only been luke warm to the Jeep Renegade with this being the best looking one I have seen.

attachicon.gifJeep-Renegade-BlackEdition.jpeg

I also feel that not only should Jeep follow through with this accessory they should build and sell but I think GM should do this for the Colorado / Canyon twins.

attachicon.gifJeepRenegadeAccessories.jpg

I would not buy one but it has that Soul like quality of being different that appeals to many people. If quality holds it should do well.

I hate the tail lights as they look like the eyes of a dead cartoon figure.

:roflmao: Very true the tail lights do remind me of dead cartoon characters but then anime and cartoons are big right now all over especially with Marvel Movies.

What do you think about the trailer? Should GM do something like that for their twins?

Personally I have only been luke warm to the Jeep Renegade with this being the best looking one I have seen.

attachicon.gifJeep-Renegade-BlackEdition.jpeg

I also feel that not only should Jeep follow through with this accessory they should build and sell but I think GM should do this for the Colorado / Canyon twins.

attachicon.gifJeepRenegadeAccessories.jpg

I would not buy one but it has that Soul like quality of being different that appeals to many people. If quality holds it should do well.

I hate the tail lights as they look like the eyes of a dead cartoon figure.

:roflmao: Very true the tail lights do remind me of dead cartoon characters but then anime and cartoons are big right now all over especially with Marvel Movies.

What do you think about the trailer? Should GM do something like that for their twins?

No trailer. I would spend the money on more bolt on goods for the Colorado and Canyon. Affordable items that will sell in volume.

I still would love to see a ZQ8 version with proper sized wheels and lowered.

"Look at GM and Chrysler post bail out and GM is already to the point they have replaced most of their platforms with new platforms and are already into the second gen of refresh on some of theses models in the next one to two years. They even created a new Omega platform. Yet Chrysler is left with older and borrowed models. Even the RWD replacements were pushed back."

I think this summed it all up VERY well. I know it put it into a different perspective to me. Thanks hyper.

the only poblem is, he is not being nearly truthful hear.  Most of the GM platforms are older than he lets on.  The Impala for example, just hit a platform Buick has been using for a few years and before that was running a NINE year old design based on a platform more than 20 years.  The Regal, 11-15 Cruze, were both based on platforms sold and designs sold in the rest of world for YEARS before they hit our shores.  The Malibu, 13-15 was based on that older Regal platform.  Alpha really is the only new car platform seen before 16.

Well no.... there is also the Gamma 2 platform (Sonic, Trax, Encore) that came out post BK.   The truck and SUV platforms are new and that's where GM makes most of their money.   You're also incorrect about the Impala.  Epsilon 2 does not equal Epsilon 1.  Impala came out in 2013 using a modified version of the Epsilon 2.... Epsilon 2 came out in 2008... so about 5 years.   The Regal/Insignia was the first car on the Epsilon 2 platform, again released in 2008.   E2XX is the replacement for Epsilon 2 and the 2016 Malibu is the first car on that platform.

So, post BK and pre-2016 GM has released:

Alpha

Omega (CT6 will be here in December, just making the cut)

Full-Size Trucks - K2XX

Full-Size SUVs - K2XX

Mid-size trucks (current iteration started in 2012 in other countries)

Gamma 2

D2XX - the replacement for Delta 2 in the 2016 Cruze/Volt

E2XX - the replacement for Epsilon 2 in the 2016 Malibu