Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToniCipriani

Solstice as LE pursuit vehicle?

9 posts in this topic

Suddenly thought of this idea. Anyone think the Solstice can see some law enforcement uses? For example, a rugged version for use in highway pursuits as to replace the departed B4C Camaro? After all it's rear-drive, light, and packs a punch under the hood.

Maybe if a drug dealer buys a Solstice, then gets busted a few years later, and your local agency uses it as a D.A.R.E. publicity car. Otherwise... *No trunk *No rear seat *No room *Not strong enough to be an interceptor

Well unless it's the turbo version then it won't be faster than many regular cars. Also, with it being a convertible it might be dangerous if it was involved in any serious accidents.

Well actually when the hardtop version comes out. Should've made that clear. Obviously the convertible won't be OK. Having a car that looks like the original Solstice concept and slapping on heavy duty suspension and transmission parts, tires, and wiring for light bars. What I mean is purely for highway pursuits, not city patrol. Leave that to the 9C1. Edited by ToniCipriani

I think the problems that Fly listed would still apply to the hardtop. It's too small and doesn't have a back seat, plus if you needed cargo room to carry bigger guns and spike strips and such there might not be sufficient room.

Sure! They could replace the aging fleets of Fiero squad cars. I don't know where this idea came from but the car would never pass the testing for the pit manuver let alone many of the other requirements. You got a better chance with a Cobalt SS and it's not that good of a chance either.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0