Ultimate Dream Garage: 2017 MY Edition

I'll cut to the chase here, and go straight to the rules-

1) Maximum of 5 choices.

2) Production cars only.

3) MUST be 2017 model year. (doesn't have to be on sale yet)

4) Cars from any market are allowed.

5) These are your only vehicles.

6) Cars/trucks/SUV's only; no bikes, trikes, RV's, etc.

Enjoy.

Hmmm.. I'm about as undecided as I can be. The first two that come to my mind without any hesitation as the GT and GT350(R). So those two get the list.

Ford GT

D65C49D5-5F3F-49B4-B130-12E9AD0D394C_zps

Ford GT350R(I have to have at least ONE manual transmission!!)

B841596E-9859-4B69-BCA9-B34CEDE8B293_zps

Mercedes AMG GT

6E675BC5-B581-4E71-B8B2-5C3895622463_zps

Ferrari 488

D1093188-E37A-44C4-B50C-BE63A4FD53FB_zps

D5F48307-7DB7-41EE-9EE4-293F1C398F6D_zps

..now something to drive every day..

I would have to legitimately drive them to pick one but I think I like the X5 more than the GLE.. I would also like to throw the Rover Sport Supercharged in there as well. But, make it an M car. X5 M to drive daily. :thumbsup:

8CBC2FE1-5613-424A-BE10-886E054ED7FA_zps

25E90A96-A4BD-40E7-98AC-BB27668203F1_zps

I'm still a little torn.. I'm afraid I would have the 488, AMG GT, and GT and just never really drive them. I don't mind having one show car in probably the Ford GT but possibly 3..? I might swap out the 488 OR the AMG GT for a ZL1 or Z06..or ATS-V..or CTS-V.. Man, there are just to make great cars out there!

Yeah the TheFerrari, 918, and P1 were all on the near-miss list. I could have those three, and X5 M and not even own anything else and be content.. But those are the kind of cars you just don't really drive. They seem so impractical for anything but track use.

I completely agree with the TTv6 vs V12 thing. But if anybody ever says "If you could get one car for free, what would it be?" The first two that come to my head are the GT350 because of the 5.2 sounds so glorious and perfect to me and the GT because..it's a GT. Yeah the engine isn't the ideal setup but it's just so beautiful.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:26 AM, Frisky Dingo said:

918 and P1 weren't made for 2017 MY year. I checked, lol.

WOW! For some reason this really really surprises me. I never would have guessed. I just assumed they were still in production.. like I assumed the 918 had turbos lol.

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:39 PM, Stew said:

Not really my thing for some reason, though I have a soft spot for the Lambo Huracan and Prosche 911 Turbo S.  Hmmmm, may amend this later haha..

From that list I'd swap the Challenger for the 911 Turbo. ;) 

31 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

WOW! For some reason this really really surprises me. I never would have guessed. I just assumed they were still in production.. like I assumed the 918 had turbos lol.

From that list I'd swap the Challenger for the 911 Turbo. ;) 

Almost, here is the revision and reasoning:

Jeep GC Trailhawk:  Good comfortable daily with great off-road abilities

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 door less daily friendly, but more capable than the GC and gets to serve as my convertible

Challenger SRT Hellcat widebody (supposed to be a 17, right?)  Great comfy cruiser with lots of power and a fun one to take to the 1/4 mile track

Porsche 911 Turbo S  when it is all about twisty fun, huge power, AWD handling and grip, and a comfortable and well laid out interior.  After thinking is just beat out the 1LE

Ram Rebel 4x4 Hemi  Work rig, love the air suspension for ease of loading and unloading plus the ride.  Still has some off-road chops, and is not rated for any less MPG than any other Hemi Ram. 

Edited by Stew