To all New England C&G members...

So I live in Lawrence, MA uphill from teh Merrimack.I drove to various places today. There was already some flooding starting...the bridge by the damn and anywhere by the river was drawing crowds like I'd never seen drawn to a river before. I have somepics I'll post shortly.

So what's the situation like where other New England residents live?

These are of the dam. The water is MUCH higher than it usually is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cannal next to the damn

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are of a park upriver from the dam, sort of near my house

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This plaque is in a parking lot of a former sandwich shop...theyused to host classic car shows...it's up the road from the park

Posted Image

These are a couple pics from inside my car, of what is normally a parking lot/park downriver of the dam.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tyngsboro, Lowell & Chelmsofrd are pretty bad off.

I have like 4 feet of water in my back yard... a lot of wet stuff in the shed incl. some car magazines. :angry:

Before flooding meant like 10" of water in the backyard, I never

saw this coming.

This is effed up, I live in N.E. because stuff like this does not happen.

Today people were marching ut ot the Rourke bridge in Lowell to look

at RT. 113 (the boulevard) since D.D. & a lot of houses are under water. :blink:

Edited by Sixty8panther

Dodgefan, I'm about twenty miles up the Merrimack from you in Lowell, and yeah, it's bad. Pawtucket Boulevard and Middlesex Street are closed from the Rourke Bridge to the University Ave. Bridge. Homes and businesses are flooded everywhere, but thankfully I live in the Upper Highlands section of Lowell, so I'm high and dry save for half an inch of water in my basement. I'll try and get some pics up of what we're looking like here later.

Another heartbreaker: Dodgefan, if you can get yesterday's Lowell Sun where you live, you can see it, and i'm guessing Sixty8 has it, but the big picture on the front page about the flood shows a car and swingset underwater in someone's backyard. If you look closely, you will notice the car is a '79-'85 Cadillac Eldorado, submerged to the base of the windshield. So sad.....

Another heartbreaker: Dodgefan, if you can get yesterday's Lowell Sun where you live, you can see it, and i'm guessing Sixty8 has it, but the big picture on the front page about the flood shows a car and swingset underwater in someone's backyard. If you look closely, you will notice the car is a '79-'85 Cadillac Eldorado, submerged to the base of the windshield. So sad.....

Aww that is sad. You know what's also sad? That parking lot/park area I was taking photos of had a covered late sixies Corvette...the water was already touching it. I hope it's been moved out of harm's way. I'm going to take some more pics today if the floding has gotten worse. Is the University flooded bad?

Edited by Dodgefan

Apparently bad enough to be closed so I get an extra day to write my final paper for Political Thought! Actually the University's probably high and dry; the closure has more to do with the fact that the end of Broadway and Middlesex is flooded and closed, meaning no parking and therefore no class. Not to mention it's a huge commuter school and God only knows what everybody that doesn't dorm there has to deal with in terms of the flooding.

Apparently bad enough to be closed so I get an extra day to write my final paper for Political Thought! Actually the University's probably high and dry; the closure has more to do with the fact that the end of Broadway and Middlesex is flooded and closed, meaning no parking and therefore no class. Not to mention it's a huge commuter school and God only knows what everybody that doesn't dorm there has to deal with in terms of the flooding.

Dude you go to UMass Lowell? Awesome! I have a final there Friday...hopefully it is open by then.

Yes indeedy, I go to UMass. My major is Political Science with a minor in Legal Studies so I'm on South 95% of the time. If you've ever noticed a big pearl white Buick Riviera with Bruins plates, or more likely a bright red '79 Cadillac Coupe DeVille in the big parking lot across from the animal shelter, those are my rides (Cadillac's sold now, though). Small world, eh?

Yes indeedy, I go to UMass. My major is Political Science with a minor in Legal Studies so I'm on South 95% of the time. If you've ever noticed a big pearl white Buick Riviera with Bruins plates, or more likely a bright red '79 Cadillac Coupe DeVille in the big parking lot across from the animal shelter, those are my rides (Cadillac's sold now, though). Small world, eh?

Yeah no kidding :lol: I'm on SOuth Campus most of the time myself, as a Graphic Design major. If you've ever seen a black Shadow (the only black I've seen) it's mine :P

Tyngsboro, Lowell & Chelmsofrd are pretty bad off.

I have like 4 feet of water in my back yard... a lot of wet stuff in the shed incl. some car magazines. :angry:

Before flooding meant like 10" of water in the backyard, I never

saw this coming.

This is effed up, I live in N.E. because stuff like this does not happen.

Today people were marching ut ot the Rourke bridge in Lowell to look

at RT. 113 (the boulevard) since D.D. & a lot of houses are under water. :blink:

That Bites :(