2018 Fiskar eMotion "on track"

balthazar

With all the attention on the upcoming Tesla Model 3, most eyes have missed the upstart quietly pumping iron over in a shadowy corner; the Fiskar eMotion.

Claimed to be a number of things, such as :
• On schedule for production for 2018
• 400 mile range with a 9-min full recharge due to a proprietary "new advanced graphene supercapacitor instead of a traditional lithium-ion battery pack."
• 161 MPH top speed
• FOUR butterfly doors

Remains to be seen in what configuration it gets here in, but Henrik Fiskar is claiming a price point comparable with the Model 3.  Should be interesting...

2019_Fisker_EMotion_Twitter_0008-1021x580.jpg

KBB article : https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/2018-fisker-emotion-ev-update/2100004149/

The competition:

blue-tesla-model-3-side-2-apr-25-17-1024x678.jpg

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

As per the article, it is the Model S rival, not the Model 3.

Either way though, it is a much much much nicer design than either the Model S or the Model 3.

If this goes on sale, the Model S will take a nose dive to oblivion!

Musk better be ready to offer at the very least a very very very significant refresh to his Model S if not a new model...

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

As per the article, it is the Model S rival, not the Model 3.

Either way though, it is a much much much nicer design than either the Model S or the Model 3.

If this goes on sale, the Model S will take a nose dive to oblivion!

Musk better be ready to offer at the very least a very very very significant refresh to his Model S if not a new model...

My mistake- thought I had read "Model 3". Even as I typed it, I was thinking 'there's NO WAY to bring this to market like this in that price range'.
Agreed- the Model S needs a 2nd generation like right now. I know it's sales are steady, but you can't sit still. If the eMotion comes out as is, the S is going to be way behind. Frankly, I think everything else in this price tier will be also- today, those specs have the capability to rule the lux sedan segment.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

My mistake- thought I had read "Model 3". Even as I typed it, I was thinking 'there's NO WAY to bring this to market like this in that price range'.
Agreed- the Model S needs a 2nd generation like right now. I know it's sales are steady, but you can't sit still. If the eMotion comes out as is, the S is going to be way behind. Frankly, I think everything else in this price tier will be also- today, those specs have the capability to rule the lux sedan segment.

When I read your post about it being Model 3 territory, I told myself I dont care if my 2012 TL hasnt been amortized fully, THIS is MY next ride!

I was a tad disappointed to read that this was  going to be a 100 000 dollar plus  vehicle. LOL

This Fisker dude, he designs some nice rides! BMW Z8, to the Karma to the Aston Martin DB9 and V8 Vantage...

And then I told myself, screw Musk, Fisker is my hero!

So, yeah,  if this is all that Fisker says it will be, Tesla better be careful...

The Model S is not scheduled for a new platform or at the very least, a significant overhaul. When the original Model S owners get fed up of looking at their dated ride, they will upgrade to this one.

Other potential owners will just buy this ride as it looks awesome...and its NEW!!!

The Model S sales figures will be dead BEFORE BMW and Mercedes and Porsche and Audi and others will have launched their EVs  by 2021...

The Model 3 will be the sole product that they will be sellling in this time frame?

It looks frumpy and since this new Fisker will probably be the next 100 000 dollar car phenom, Tesla might not have that prestige branding therefore the Model 3 wont be that sought after since big brother Model S wont be as lustful...therefore Model 3 sales might also take a hit in the year 2021...

Competition...its a bitch sometimes...

Edited by oldshurst442