Toyota's "Master Manipulators" get caught

Toyota's "Master Manipulators" get caught with their pants down.

DeLorenzo

Toyota absolutely hates to have anything disrupt their plan for world domination. And make no mistake, this sexual harassment case has brought dishonor to management in Japan, and they're quaking in their boots about it, because heaven forbid anyone get the impression that Toyota is just another corporate entity no different from any other corporate entity in the world. After all, in their minds Toyota and the Toyota "way" is superior to any other company, and even though they want everyone to believe that their "Aw, shucks, we're just humble citizens keeping our heads down focusing on the next improvement" schtick is who they really are, the reality of Toyota is much different. It's a company obsessed with convincing America and Americans that they're a proud American company, when in fact they will never be - no matter how they spin it. And to make matters worse for Toyota spin doctors, not only has Toyota's quest for corporate sainthood been derailed by this sordid episode, this unseemly case has clearly indicated to anyone paying attention that Toyota - horror of horrors - is just another company.

It's nice to see the Toyota dance over this sexual harassment issue because believe me, with the perennial free pass they get from the automotive media, you don't get to see it very often.

Wow... I'm stunned, in a good way.

Liie I always say about Honda & Toyota:

the higher the horse the harder the fall.

I hate to say this, but this isn't going to be a big deal. I am sure the lawyers from both the plaintiff and the defendant will make sure there won't be any trials. I am sure Toyota is going to offer her a fantastic amount of money just to go away. It won't be anywhere near $190million dollars but more like somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 million and we will never hear anything from her again. She becomes and instant millionaire and TOYOTA's reputation remains intact.

It isn't like Toyota is the only company or famous person who this has happened to. In my mind, what happened over at VW was a lot worse and you really didn't hear much about it's major problems in the U.S. The guy who did it, if he did it, is much more to blame than Toyota in the first place.

BrewS is right, for once (lol).

Yet another reason why I stopped reading this guy's blabber.

It isn't like Toyota is the only company or famous person who this has happened to.  In my mind, what happened over at VW was a lot worse and you really didn't hear much about it's major problems in the U.S.  The guy who did it, if he did it, is much more to blame than Toyota in the first place.

BrewS is right, for once (lol). 

Yet another reason why I stopped reading this guy's blabber.

Wasn't that his point? He didn't state no one else has done it, he stated Toyota is like the rest of them, and not corporate saints like the media likes to portray them as.

if she settles and takes the money then its a modified form of prostitution, IMO.

I hate to say this, but this isn't going to be a big deal. I am sure the lawyers from both the plaintiff and the defendant will make sure there won't be any trials. I am sure Toyota is going to offer her a fantastic amount of money just to go away. It won't be anywhere near  $190million dollars but more like somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 to 30 million and we will never hear anything from her again. She becomes and instant millionaire and TOYOTA's reputation remains intact.

if she settles and takes the money then its a modified form of prostitution, IMO.

I agree, but how many people can resist that kind of money? From her point of view it will be much better to accept the money and avoid a lengthly trial that could damage her reputation as badly as Toyota's. Big corporations can hire the best of the best lawyers who can literally turn truths into lies and lies into truth. A settlement would serve her just as well as it would Toyota.

Wasn't that his point? He didn't state no one else has done it, he stated Toyota is like the rest of them, and not corporate saints like the media likes to portray them as.

People with a little bit of brains and common sense realize there is no such thing as a corporate saint, media portrayal or not.

Again, he couldn't find anything else to right about to he chose this. Frankly, an article on the 6-speed debacle would have been a better use of time and web space.

I wouldn't put it past the "Master Manipulators" of Toyota. By the time this case plays out, I predict they will accumulate a boatload of awards from women's groups touting their contributions to women's issues in the workplace.

After all, it's the Toyota Way.

after the free servicing shell at least wind up with more than just an ipod.

some of the press releases only mentioned a change up within toyota with no mention of the reasons why. that is the free pass. that is probably one of the things that prompted this particular rant.

its not a big deal per se, but it happens.

and also im pretty sure the plaintiff never expects this thing to go to court, if it happened in the first place, it was an overly inflated number and if it got "settled" for 1/10th of the "asking" price she still makes out like a bandit.

i just hope for her that the money can make this pain go away.

I'm sorry but that was a horrible rant. Less sarcasm and banter please, and maybe I'll get past the first few lines.

Wow... I'm stunned, in a good way.

Liie I always say about Honda & Toyota:

the higher the horse the harder the fall.

Stunned at what? The CEO of a company getting into a sex scandal? You must be easy to entertain :lol:

Honda and Toyota are about as different as Toyota is to any domestic manufacturer.

True... Where can I whore myself out for that kind of

money? I'll sleep with a few Butter faced broads for

a lot less than that. Give me a house for $400,000,

a brand new CTS-V, a 1959 Buick Electra 225 Riviera,

1932 Cadillac V16 Dual Cowl Phaeton, 1969 Camaro

HT, 1964 Oldsmobile Starfire 4dr HT & a 1970 Pontiac

Firebird Trans Am 455. That should be well under a

million $ and yet I'll be happy as pigs in $hit. :)

siegen: I was stunned at the article not the law suit. It's

nice to have a person tell it like it is about these nose

in the air, our $hit don;t stink companies. :wink:

And since when is a thread ANYWHERE on C&G or any

article anywhere on the net not full of sarcasm?

Edited by Sixty8panther

People with a little bit of brains and common sense realize there is no such thing as a corporate saint, media portrayal or not.

Again, he couldn't find anything else to right about to he chose this.  Frankly, an article on the 6-speed debacle would have been a better use of time and web space.

well, toyota as BIG and SUCCESSFUL as they are now, they deserve to have an equal share of this kind of attention shed their way. they asked for it, they got it, toyota.

As much as I chuckle over any of Toyota's misfortunes, this news piece is about as newsorthy as the GM class action suit in Canada over the head gaskets: absolute BS until proven in court.

Any idiot with 10 grand in the bank can grab a lawyer and sue for whatever they want. Almost any fishing expedition will result in some form of offer from the large corporation just to shut the "victim" up.

Hell, if we ever had a Miss Goody TwoShoes start working in our workplace, we would all go to jail. "Sexual harassment" has become the new catch phrase of the bored and the failed. Didn't get a promotion? Sue your boss! Didn't get a raise? Sue the boss! Get an unfavorable Review? Sue the boss.

• 2 weeks later...