Ocean City Time!

It appears the weather will be cooperating (for the most part) for this year's massive Spring Cruise at Ocean City, MD. Thousands of hot cars of every description will descend on the ocean resort town starting today and running through the weekend. I'll be heading down Saturday morning to join some family members and probably spending the night. At a time like this I wish I had a digital camera so I could post a hugh jass picture thread when I get back.

Is anyone else from here heading to Ocean City for this awesome event?

I HATE events like that. They have "Hot August Nights" in Reno and it's a mad house with too much effin' noise. Been there, done that! But enjoy, PB, since you like the Maryland shore.

Trina-Bob:

What kind of a car nut are you??? :P

GM1: Thank You for the kind invite, I will not be able to make

it down however. Like I've already mentioned in my PMs the

$$$ situation is not very condusive to a roadtrip of that

magnitude. :(

Maybe next year.

I'm going, but not just for the cars-the grandparents live across the border in Selbyville. We won't be going on the cruise, but I imagine they'll televise some parts of some stuff on the tv. I guess some pictures would be in the cards, too, since my brother just got a new camera.

And while the cars are good, the Thrasher's Fries are even better....

Yeah, I'm sure we'll be at Hooter's again this year for a while. A lot of hot cars accumulate there. I have no idear when though, and I don't have a cell phone, so... hey , I'll keep an eye out for the Olds though. Let's hope the weather agrees with us this year!

if you do go..... please take a pic next to the Sacramento sign on US 50. Its the last US highway that goes "coast to coast". THere is an OC MD sign in sacramento and i know there is one in Ocean City.

Enjoy guys!

Yeah, that's right, I've seen it on the Sacramento end where it forks off of I-80 just past the communist community :lol: of Davis CA.

I haven't been to Ocean City, MD in YEARS. We use to go there every year when my grandmother, who lived in Severna Park, was still living. Haven't been since she passed away in 2000, though.

Anyway, love to go, but I just started a new job two months ago and I don't get any paid vacation days until my anniversary.

Well, I had fun. LOTS of awesome cars of every description, from Model Ts (modified and stock) to several Solstices, G6 coupes, C6s, etc., and everything in between. The weather was perfect. And I am sunburned as hell.

I saw 2 Solstices, but I didn't see any Model T's. I only got to go into OC once on Saturday, but I got like 36 pictures while doing down Coastal Highway. I'll see about posting them sometime soon.

I tried to get a pic of the US 50 sign, put the sun was in the way. There's a picture here, but this was before they redid the intersection at Coastal Highway.

I tried to get a pic of the US 50 sign, put the sun was in the way. There's a picture here, but this was before they redid the intersection at Coastal Highway.

THANKS very much!!! That's great. I've seen it on the West Coast end so many times that I'd almost forgotten about it. Over 3,000 miles. That's a "schlep."