Mr.Krinkle

BMW

I still have the feeling BMW is going gadget and styling crazy. Between iDrive and "flame surfacing" I think they need to make some changes to get their "mojo" back. BMW Individual (makers of the M cars) is the only brightspot...

I really hope that next-gen Cadillac CTS is something special...

The bump in the hood makes me think V8.

This may be horribly out of date, but last I heard it was getting a V8 version of the M5 V10 with ~400 HP.

As far as anyone knows, that still holds true...4.0 V8 with a little over 400 hp I believe.

As far as anyone knows, that still holds true...4.0 V8 with a little over 400 hp I believe.

The british mags have some slightly more updated information.....and it looks to be a 4.0L with 425hp now.....and a traditional 6-speed manual offered next to the ubiquitous SMG.

It should be a GREAT drive.....look at what the RS4 is doing with about 410hp....and the BMW will be lighter and RWD.

Looks similar to the e46 placement though...(unless of course you didn't like the e46 placement either).

Looks similar to the e46 placement though...(unless of course you didn't like the e46 placement either).

I guess I didn't realize that the E46's was like that either. There was on I was driving behind that must have had an extra trim piece because it was much better integrated, IMO.

Well, I mean, this being a camo'd test mule and all, I'd expect the production version to be better integrated...

Here's an e46 for comparo...

Posted Image

It is possible that you saw one with an aftermarket trim piece and/or exhaust though...