August Auto Spotter

20180825_094511.jpg

Have to say this looks really good in person. Some one just bought from the Ford dealer this used Redline Edition Chevrolet Traverse AWD. Found it in the Costco Business Parking lot.

• Agree 1

A couple uncommon cars today...saw a very clean taupe Olds Intrigue at Ace Hardware and a clean lt blue early 90s Buick Regal 2dr in a driveway.  Not sure of the year, but the main portion of the taillight lenses were clear rather than red.

Then this evening, I spotted a dark red early ‘00s Bonneville in a city of Parma lot with city department decals on the doors. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

Stopped by a local GMC dealer- they had a '19 Sierra Denali crew cab/short bed out front, a darkish red, 6.2L/10-spd, 22-in rims, MultiGate, absolutely gorgeous from all angles.

Do you remember what the price was? I took a look at the local GMC dealer here and was shocked to see most of the trucks were all Denali from be it a 1 ton or half ton and they ran from $68K to $79K. WOW, that is crazy pricing.

Interesting sighting today.  I don't normally pay attention to Mercedes products because I don't need such expensive iron and can't afford it anyway.  It was a Mercedes E350 convertible.

I noticed it because it was silver with the dark red leather interior, a color combo I've once had in a car and very much like.  I have also liked seeing this interior color scheme in Corvettes at auto shows.

The people in the convertible were interesting.  Driving it was a senior guy , 75+ (or not looking good for his age), who resembled the guy in "The Godfather" who ended up with a thoroughbred horse's head in his bed.  Who can forget that?  The passenger was a younger lady who somewhat resembled Pia Zadora, was probably in her mid to late 30s, and had sunglasses.

I was thinking, "Money talks and bull***t walks."

Edited by trinacriabob

On 8/23/2018 at 6:24 PM, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Not really spotting, but some car-related randomness...I've been helping my sister w/ her new old Caddy--I replaced the wipers, added washer fluid, new floor mats, and replaced some plastic trim screws under the hood (it has the black plastic panels that cover a lot of things).  She's replaced the tires (w/ Falken all season tires) and had a few other things done..the biggest issue being a fuel leak.  Apparently, the STS has two gas tanks..on either side of the driveshaft, ahead of the rear axle under the back seat.  The auxiliary one (left side) had a leak if you filled up the tank.  The shop first thought it was a ring/seal where the plastic fuel line goes into the plastic tank.  Nope.  After filling it up yesterday, it started puddling again last night.  I took it back to the shop (my sister is working out of town) this morning, now the are sure it's auxiliary fuel pump that is leaking.  I was under the car when up on the rack, pretty clean for an 11-yr old Ohio/Florida car, just surface rust on the suspension.    

There are a few things to do, need to replace the struts/shocks eventually, a cracked taillight lens, broken glovebox latch (got a replacement one off eBay), figure out how get the 6 disk CD player to work (seems to be jammed), etc. 

Got the car back a couple days ago after time in the shop...both fuel pumps replaced, no more fuel leak.  Coolant flushed and replaced, oil change, one headlight bulb and foglight bulb replaced.   Running great right now.  I replaced the glovebox latch yesterday, 5 minute job.  Discovered the owner's manual in it's leather pouch won't fit in the tiny glovebox (got a clean manual from eBay, car didn't have one).  

IMG-0276.JPG

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Got the car back a couple days ago after time in the shop...both fuel pumps replaced, no more fuel leak.  Coolant flushed and replaced, oil change, one headlight bulb and foglight bulb replaced.   Running great right now.  I replaced the glovebox latch yesterday, 5 minute job.  Discovered the owner's manual in it's leather pouch won't fit in the tiny glovebox (got a clean manual from eBay, car didn't have one).  

IMG-0276.JPG

Sharp looking car. Thanks for the update. This is great.

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

Sharp looking car. Thanks for the update. This is great.

It is funny, after trading the DTS on the Trax in '15, I thought she was done with older used cars..but she hates driving the Trax on the freeway (too light, underpowered, buffeting from trucks) and her current gig requires driving across the state and back every week, so she wanted something heavier, faster and cheap... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Was behind a 2nd gen Chrysler 200 with odd taillights in traffic this morning..with the brake lights on, the left rear taillight glowed white (clear lens), the right one red (red lens).  

Also saw one of the new Camrys in white, w/ a black roof and red leather interior...wild.  Really unusual look, nice to see Toyota going for bold color choices instead of the usual boring gray or beige interiors. The styling is quite a shift from the usual anonymous Camry.