Autoweek Reviews STS-V

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...08&Profile=1004

To sum it up, they love it. Here is a cut to the gripes.

Where the Cadillac STS-V falls short is on the inside: its feels as though the materials are done on the cheap. I don’t know if it is the choice of black zebrano-like wood, if it is the quality of the plastic, if it has to do with the light-colored leatherette material. But it just doesn’t work.

That’s the only gripe. The question remains: Will people step up and spend the kind of money this car is asking, even though number for number, and dollar for dollar it would be well spent? If they don’t at least consider the Cadillac STS-V, they’re doing themselves a disservice.

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...E/60519005/1004

This will be the ultimate test to see whether the public is ready for a Cadillac S-class/7-series competitor.

I think they are. I've seen a lot of STS' in my area, far more than when the CTS made it's appearance. I've made a point at looking at who was driving them, and the drivers are younger than you would think. If they are getting on the radar in SoCal, that's an achievment.

STS has the advantage of coming in on a "roll" for Cadillac, depending on who you talk to. So, it's got that going for it, more Cadillac's are on the road in this area than ever, so yeah more people will look at STS seriously. The fact that STS is a credible competitor more than any big Caddy sedan recently also helps. BUT....it could have done a lot lot better. Witness the credibility Infiniti has gained with the truly credible M45.

...much to the chagrin of the Q45.

True... I like the new M45 better than any Q45 including my own 1997.

The next-gen. Q45 should go back to the "longer, lower, wider" style.

...much to the chagrin of the Q45.

you're right but Q never had credibility to begin with, it just got lost in the pack. M is an incredible car any way around. That interior is at least what STS quality/design reach should have been.

• 2 weeks later...